Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Your dogs on Christmas day

What do you do for your dogs on Christmas day???
Do they get pressies too?? Christmas dinner?? Treats? New Toys?

Do family bring them presents too?

This will be Millies first Christmas with us!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Ours get new pressies to open under the tree. treats to enjoy etc
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Ours do get presents.. otherwise they try and help with ours and thats a big fat no from me

They get leftover Christmas dinner. And may get the odd dog chocolate thrown for them afterwards when we all sit down with our chocs and watch movies and drink wine..

But other than that they are pretty much treated the same as every normal day. Except they have to stay in the hallway when we're eating our dinner (it's the only time the table is used ) so there isn't a lot of room for them to lay down where they'd like.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post

As it is a day off training and nice relaxing walk.

Do they get pressies too??

No

Christmas dinner??

No

Treats?

If I am training yes

New Toys?

No

No

For me Christmas is not about what people are bought but being with loved ones
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
He gets a nice walk before xmas dinner
Do they get pressies too?? Christmas dinner?? Treats? New Toys?

Gets presents wrapped that he opens, has a xmas dinner with all the trimmings and usually gets a bar of dog chocolate, something he doesnt have for the rest of the year.

OH and parents buy him presents

He likes to join in with xmas, cant leave presents out or he unwraps his and everyone elses
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 12:22 PM
This is Jintys first Christmas with us. I am planning to have a lovely walk on Christmas day, I hope it snows! We will be at my mums house which is local to my friend with her cav so we might go to a beach or something on Christmas eve with the doglets.

Jinty has two presents that I got ages ago from a dog show, so yes, she had pressies!!

As for food, she will have the usual. She is RAW fed so no left overs for her!
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-11-2011, 12:59 PM
due to the fact we have a Danish christmas they will get a 2 hour walk in the morning then they will be home alone the rest of he day as raw fish,pates, strange hams and loads and loads of aquavit (sp) are not conclusive to dogs when fed by drunken family members at the in laws.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
This is Jintys first Christmas with us. I am planning to have a lovely walk on Christmas day, I hope it snows! We will be at my mums house which is local to my friend with her cav so we might go to a beach or something on Christmas eve with the doglets.

Jinty has two presents that I got ages ago from a dog show, so yes, she had pressies!!

As for food, she will have the usual. She is RAW fed so no left overs for her!
I plan to give Millie some of the turkey ^^''
she is fed raw as well but it will be part of her meal rather then an extra treat.
ami_j
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Dexter will be getting the wings off the turkey for his christmas dinner and perhaps some new toys..he needs some anyway but i do like to include my pets in christmas as they are part of my family too
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Ooh yes mine get presents, wrapped! It was bedlam last year, we had Floyd who, once has been given a toy, will NOT give it up and Ruby who insists that ALL the toys are hers and spends all morning trying to gather up toys (inc the kids toys) and growling if the other dogs go near 'her' toys. And Diesel, who, last Christmas was only 9 weeks old so he had an appropriate puppy toy (though not for long, with Ruby 'all the toys are mine' around). Aaaaw, I have some pics on my other lap top, I will have to upload them. It was Diesels first Christams with us last year and turned out to be Floyds last

Though Floyd had the last laugh last year, the dogs had a doggy advent calender and Floyd pulled it down off the wall when I went out and ate all the treats and most of the packaging

xx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »