Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JuliePup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
@ Mild maid: Nice!!! Well played.

I agree with all of you. I know first hand that it is not that difficult to baby-train a dog (or even a cat!) It can be done!!! Pretty easily & quickly most of the time. But people don't even want to try. They seem to forget the fact that at one time, their dog/cat WAS their baby and that they would have done anything for him/her. What happened to those days??? Come on, people, open your eyes, there are options for you, you just have to look.
adya
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Dizzi:
When my kids born i had one dog,two cats,two turtles running free around the house and two birds.Not counting my neighbors two dogs that i foster when she went out.NOBODY EAT NO ONE.LESS THE BABIES!!! That is a stupid story from dark ages. NO ANIMAL BORN BAD.On then contrary,they were made by God.Or,is there any doubt?They born without malice and die the same way. AND GOD MAKE NO GARBAGE!!!! Let me tell you,cats and dogs were always very next to the kids and made "signs" if there was something strange with the babies.For GOD'S sake!- Try the people against animals to go get informacion instead on insisting in throwing animals like garbage.That is mistreatment and cruelty.- Be careful when time comes to deliver.Someone can take advantage of your absence to "do what is best" for the baby...Love your animals and be clear in protecting them.They need you and can be at risk.
I am a rescuer myself and help a little in care2action alert.Is terrible what you see every single day. People is getting worst by the minute with animals. - I wish your relationship be always healthy and happy and baby arrive perfect and be as loving to nature as you!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 07:21 AM
I can never understand why people think they should get rid of their dog when they have a child. There are so many mutual benefits of having them grow up together. A dog teaches children love, loyalty, respect and how to care. The child provides a playmate, someone to love, cherish and protect.

When I was a kid, practically EVERY household had dogs and nobody would have dreamed of this. Your dog was a part of the family.

I had comments once or twice when we first got our GSD and Rottie. Only the odd once or twice (and they were not repeated!!) said what will you do when you have children? My reply was, make sure that they all grow up nicely together, to love and mutually respect one another! I mean, what do people think will happen - as soon as you have a child, your dog turns into a rabid beast that wants to kill kids?

It is very sad that some people think it is the best/easy option to dump their pets once a baby is on the way.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3