Female 

21-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Internet, Swimming, and Reading when I can concentrate
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Good idea for a thread!

Aside from Monty I don't have a massive array of other interests that I keep up with on a regular basis but I'm determined to get back into a few things next year.

My interests would be:

* Cooking and food
* Gardening, in particular growing veg
* Photography - am buying a new camera after Xmas in the hope of developing this interest a bit more
* Golf - Don't get much time for this one anymore
* Shrewsbury Town FC
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Good idea for a thread!

* Shrewsbury Town FC
I used to live by the ground (Gay Meadow, believe it or not ) which is right by the river.
A guy used to sit in a coracle on the river during matches, in case the ball went over the walls and into the river. It never did, though.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Indoor
Decorating & interior design in general. Pc, Films, Scrabble!!!!
Outdoor
Walking, Photography
Holidays
Theatre
Eating Out
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Dressmaking & sewing.
LFC
Gardening

I'm quite boring really!
What's LFC??

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Ooo Azz what a great idea for a thread! Really interesting to see what other things people like!

NO! Not bored. Cosmo has a mini Coooper too, a huge, official Mini Cooper cusion thing we got in a charity shop for 99p. He LOVES it!!

No you're not at all.

Ooo do you keep them or sell them on?

Okay...ummm....my life pretty much revolves around my son
Other interests (when I have time...)
Walking...but I don't like it without a dog so that may not count...
I sing in a harmony group and a folk group and love it. I have a pants voice but no one seems to mind and what I lack in talent I make up for in enthusiasm!

I love reading, but don't get much of a chance...but manage a new book not of my own choice every couple of months thanks to a book club I'm in!
I really like going to the Theatre, especially small theatres!!! I am managing to go more and more now thanks to a good circle of friends who also like it and my son being older.
I like music...playing it, singing it and listening to it. I have wide tastes, depends on my mood.
I love photography and hope to get a DSLR fairly soon so I can develop that. (Is DSLR the right term?!!!!!!)
Basically...my main interests are my family, my dogs and my friends....my other interests fit in with that.
SLR silly Wamble ;o)

My No.1 passion has always been dogs but other than that I like:

*Singing - I used to be on stage alot when I was younger and have had roles such as Nancy in Oliver, Elisa in My Fair Lady and TinMan in Wizard of Oz. My dream role would be Eponine from Les Miserables. I am currently searching for a singing group near me that isn't too religious or too amateur but there is nothing so I'm now investigating setting up my own.
*Cooking - I love inventing new recipes that are exciting, exotic and quick & easy to make.
*Travelling - I wont be doing as much as I used to now we have Woody but I have backpacked heaps of exotic places, such as the Far East, China, Barbados etc. ETA:*Camping - I guess this falls under travel quite nicely. I LOVE camping!
*Kayaking (and generally most water sports) - I'm a big water babe and love being by the lakes or on a beach. I therefore enjoy any sport that gets me out on the water and used to be a big surfer. Maybe where this is where Woody gets his love of water from? Hehe.
*Reading - I love nothing more than losing myself in a good page turner. The genre is open as to me it's all about the writing style. I like an author to set the scene and leave it to your imagination to fill in the gaps. Two authors that are particularly good at this are Enid Blyton and Stephen King.

Good luck with the new venture Azz The Entrepreneur ;o)
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
What's LFC??

SLR silly Wamble ;o)
LFC = Liverpool FC me thinks
and a DSLR is a digital SLR
Silly ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
LFC = Liverpool FC me thinks
and a DSLR is a digital SLR
Silly ;o)
Oh.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:55 PM
great idea for a thread.

LOL@Pidge - you are showing your age not knowing what a DSLR is !! LOL

I again dont have a huge amount of free time, having my wee boy, and that is only going to get more short next year!!

I love to read and am in a mums book club which we all enjoy. I also love to read chick lit for zoning out.

I volunteer homecheck and assess for Staffie Rescue which keeps me very busy when the calls are coming in.

I started doing my garden this year and would like to get into it more next year.

I also like the cinema.

I used to draw and paint but havent done it at all since Luca was born... just no time for me anymore...
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
great idea for a thread.

LOL@Pidge - you are showing your age not knowing what a DSLR is !! LOL

I again dont have a huge amount of free time, having my wee boy, and that is only going to get more short next year!!

I love to read and am in a mums book club which we all enjoy. I also love to read chick lit for zoning out.

I volunteer homecheck and assess for Staffie Rescue which keeps me very busy when the calls are coming in.

I started doing my garden this year and would like to get into it more next year.

I also like the cinema.

I used to draw and paint but havent done it at all since Luca was born... just no time for me anymore...
I genuinely thought it was only known as SLR. Good job I didn't put photography as one of my hobbies ;o)
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I genuinely thought it was only known as SLR. Good job I didn't put photography as one of my hobbies ;o)
lol - thats what I mean an SLR is a normal single lense camera and a DSLR is a digital one !! thus you aint moving with the times lady !! LOL
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »