Our sister sites
Our sister sites
_sarah_
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:57 AM

Puppy with tummy bug

Hi all,
I rescued Pudsey (border collie) on Sunday after someone tried to drown him The vet thinks he is 8 weeks old but only weighs 1.9kg. This morning he has got a bit of a loose tummy, i've given him a little breakfast and lunch (burns mini bites) do you think I should starve him or just give him lots of little dinners? He really cannot loose any weight as he is so tiny
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Do you think it is a tummy bug? It could just be stress.
personally i wouldnt starve an 8 wk old pup unless that is what your vet suggests.

Well done for rescuing the poor boy. Would love to see some pics when he is up to having his piccy taken x
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 11:59 AM
When was he last wormed do you know? Also I'm sure the stress of events recently has upset him, hopefully in a day or two he will settle down.
_sarah_
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:54 PM
He was wormed on Monday and yep he was full of the little nasties! His lunch asnt come out yet so hopefully it was just a little hiccup
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Well Done for rescueing this little one Hope he's feeling better soon x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh bless you hun, I don't know, I have no words for people that can do that to a poor animal
I would just give him little and often, others are probs right it might just be stress.
Can we have some pics please, pretty please????

Elaine xxx
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I live in Deeside not that far from you and we're on alert not to drink the water and boil it first as there's a serious problem.
Not sure if it's stretched as far as you but worth checking. I couldn't understand why all 3 of my dogs had a funny tum yesterday until I heard this.
I'm giving them bottled water now and things seem much better.
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2009, 07:29 PM
It could be one of many different things or a combination of some such as already suggested: stress, change of food, bad water even deworming can cause stomach upset as the chemicals in the dewormer are quite strong.

If he's lively, it's a sign that things just need to work themselves through. If he's listless with it, that's a good indicator of needing either some remedies or vet assistance!

Let us know how he goes?

Good luck and well done you for rescuing him!
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Bless you for rescuing him.. I think I would probably give him some lactol once a day to build him up a bit, poor little mite