Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Insurance

Just wondering who everyone has their pets insured with as we need to insure Barney in the next couple of weeks when his 4wk petplan insurance runs out. have had a look about and it seems quite expensive (not that im worried about it due to having to make a large claim for 1 of my cats already) Looking really just to see who others recommend. We have PDSA with the cats but other companies like petplan are offering a better policy at a lower price for my wee springer spaniel
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Pet p,an has been a lifesaver for us, we would have been faced its either having an itchy Tonks for life or having to rehome her to someone who could afford her treatment. I have been with a couple of other companies with previous pets and none of them have been as good as pet plan.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I have found Vetsmedicover to be really good. A few people on here have it and give very good reports. Petplan is the Rolls royce of pet insurance but not everyone can afford their premiums.
Avoid Animal Friends like the plague
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I have found Vetsmedicover to be really good. A few people on here have it and give very good reports. Petplan is the Rolls royce of pet insurance but not everyone can afford their premiums.
Avoid Animal Friends like the plague
That's what I used to think but after being let down by a number of other companies and unable to afford treatment int the past I decided to give it a go. We are not well off at all, by any means, in fact we have had times when our house hold income fell well bellow that of the threshold for claiming benefits but, because my partner runs his own business and we have a flat that we are unable to sell, we will never be eligible to claime benefits. Thank goodness for family freinds and charity...and pet plan or we would have had to rehome Tonks. They pay out far more than we pay them and, even if they didn't, we wouldn't be able to pay the bill first and then wait for the cheque so we prioritise in order to pay for it. We rarely go out, like once or twice a year, and that means we can pay for Petplan and kee Tonks. Cheaper insurance has proved to be a false economy for us in the past...and the present actually with animal friends being so obstructive!
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2013, 11:08 AM
pet plan seem to be chearper than alot of others, pdsa was alot more expensive and that was for a 12month plan, petplan are offering a lifetime classic insurance for cheaper and would prefer lifetime. We are going to speak to them i think and see if they do a multipet insurance offer for barney and the 2 cats.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by pamela81 View Post
pet plan seem to be chearper than alot of others, pdsa was alot more expensive and that was for a 12month plan, petplan are offering a lifetime classic insurance for cheaper and would prefer lifetime. We are going to speak to them i think and see if they do a multipet insurance offer for barney and the 2 cats.
Good idea!
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I had my 4 dogs with AXA, they are not taking on new clients now but were very good paying out. The payments were increased to £70 a month so I cancelled and now have a cash ISA instead, my money goes in there every month instead. Anything under £100 I will pay myself without going into the ISA.

Previously I was with Direct Line who were also very good, paid out for several of my dogs. In fact both Direct Line and AXA have paid out a lot more than I have paid them.
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2013, 02:42 PM
im hoping that PDSA are going to be good paying out as 1 of my cats has had serious liver problems that have cost us hundreds so far!!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I had my 4 dogs with AXA, they are not taking on new clients now but were very good paying out.
Nor are they renewing any existing policies! I have my four with Axa and have always been impressed with how little the premiums have gone up every year. Unfortunately they have just declined my current claim (which I am disputing, of course!) but once that is sorted, I will be cancelling all my policies.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Do the prices for them all increase dramatically each year?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >