Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 02:44 PM

Dog Friendly Days Out

We went to Muncaster Castle (Lake District) on Sunday and took the NIDs. It was a great day out and the furry ones were welcome all over the estate. Just wondering if anyone knows of any other good days out to similar places that are dog friendly?
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 08:48 PM
glad you had lovely time , we allways go to western supermare beach any time after september ,we have a lovely day , we allways get lovely weather . we do loads of walk malvern, sutton , cannock .i dont know of anythink ,like where you went though . did you get any pictures if so pictures please
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 09:01 PM
All of the Lake District is like that. We spend a full week in Ambleside every year and take Cassie. Fab times
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Eastnor castle (ledbury Herefordshire) is Dog friendly although they are not allowed in the castle itself! I love it there we have a Family ticket for the whole year.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
glad you had lovely time , we allways go to western supermare beach any time after september ,we have a lovely day , we allways get lovely weather . we do loads of walk malvern, sutton , cannock .i dont know of anythink ,like where you went though . did you get any pictures if so pictures please
are you near me then?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Greenwood Forest Park (or is it Centre...) near Caernaerfon is kid and dog friendly. It's an eco friendly theme park thing. The dogs have to be on leads, but are very welcome, which is such a refreshing change. Cosmo was terrorised by jackdaws, but aprt from that it was brill!
May try Muncaster Castle...
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 09:24 AM
This could be a really interesting thread.
Like most of you on here I am sure, a day out is not a proper day out without Sydney with us. So I would be interested in any good ideas where she can come along.
Basically at the moment if she can't go somewhere - then we don't go!!

I do know that you can take dogs on the West Somerset Railway - that goes from just outside Taunton to Minehead and you can get off at various stops in between.

Did it in the days before Sydney but plan to go again this summer with her with us. It is a really pretty line - across Exmoor along the coast.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Eastnor castle (ledbury Herefordshire) is Dog friendly although they are not allowed in the castle itself! I love it there we have a Family ticket for the whole year.
We were at Eastnor last weekend - went to Mountain Mayhem (for a look not a cycle)

I am originally from Hereford and still come up, probably 2-3 times a month.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Glad you had a great time, like Qweenwillow, we've been to Weston-super-mare, Clent Hills, Sutton Lickey's etc., we love the walks.......bet your dogs enjoyed it too. xxxxxx I've been to the Lake District with my dogs but not so my OH....will have to take him one day he'd love it xx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
Thanks Here are a couple of pics, the weather was a bit wet so not great pics but it didn't stop us having a fab time

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]