Female 

25-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Don't be hard on yourself, you are still mourning hun

Your new staffy is out there waiting for you, lucky dog x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 07:25 PM
You're entitled to grieve hun... your new dog will come to you and he/she will adore you!! Of that I am sure
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Shame you are not up here in the North East, the shelter wher i walk the dogs has plenty of staffies, young and old. I think your main problem would be chosing who to pick, there are several I really love (a couple have recently left for a new home). Woever you end up with, it is going to be one lucky little dog to end upwith such a carering owner...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 08:30 PM
hiya mike

oh i am so sorry that you missed out on this girlie. You are still grieving Jake though so a few tears are definetly allowed.

Have you been in touch with the Oldies club ? They only take on dogs older than 7 - but as you will know 7 isnt really old - my bruno is 7 and still acts daft !!

I have homechecked for the oldies and the definetly do not have a blanket policy either.

good luck

d xx
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Have you had a look at the links I have sent you.

The sec of the stafford welfere has been in touch she will have a look tomorrow at what is available and let me know tomorrow if she has anything then its best Iput you in direct contact.
She seemed happy with the info I have given her so far
munchkinmagic
New Member!
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Hello,

Firstly I want to say how sorry I am for your loss.

I've not posted on here before but I thought I'd let you know about a few more rescues in our area(ish) (I live in the Nottingham area too):
They're all about an hour away from Nottingham. I've only been to The Mayflower, which I was really impressed with, so I don't know what the rest are like.

I think I know which rescue you're talking about and if I 'm right I'd say not to give up on them. They're a lovely bunch of people who really work hard at helping all the dogs that come into their care and they do a fantastic job. I think it's a brilliant idea to print off a map to show walks etc and to have some people willing to act as references as I think it helps to show them what a devoted and caring owner you are. Also, I'd just keep on popping down as new dogs come in all the time; plus the staff will get to know you, which might help when you do find the right dog and someone else is interested too.

I really wish you the best of luck with your search and, from the sound of it, there's going to be one lucky doggy when you do find him or her

Sarah
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Mike, not sure if this will help, but in Novemeber 2006 I had to have my old Bc put to sleep, she had been with me from 2 days old (hand-reared) I broke my heart, nothing anyone said prepared me for the pain and guilt that I went through (although she was 23) Patrick (my husband) tried saying everything to console me, but it didn't help, my heart had been torn out. I wasn't really looking for another dog, but we went along to a place in Wales and there she was Skye....I am sure Meg sent her as she is so like Meg.......Jake was a very lucky boy to of had you...and you will definately get another...I promise. Just keep your chin up hun....and if you want to cry over Jake...go ahead, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, he was your buddy xxxxxxxxxxxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:47 PM
hi mike

allbreeds have just posted a gorgeous staffie called Vader - he is ten but he doesnt look anything like it - his owners emigrated without him.....

its on this thread http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=88745
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-06-2008, 10:05 PM
More great advice from you all. It really, really helps, thanks once again for everyone taking the time to help and for those offering words of support.

And that Vader is a beautiful boy!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm pleased for Flora so many people want her - but saddened for you *hugs*

When I adopted Missy she was approx 8 - she came from a rescue (Battersea) and we got 3 months free insurance with her, which PetPlan promised to renew. So medical fees may not be so much of an issue adopting an older dog, if your chosen rescue offers this service.

Keep plugging away - some dog is going to be very lucky! x
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >