Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 07:29 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 31st Ocober

Good morning everyone, thick fog here. Only had a few fireworks going off last night so not too bad. Went to bed really early but couldn't sleep but at least I was resting my bones which have been aching a lot lately.

Eileen, hope your mum is very much better than she was.

June, shame about Zen not getting through her Silver and on only the one thing too.

Griff, glad you had a good birthday lass.

I hope everyone else is ok had a spot of trouble for some reason my mouse would not work this morning so turned off the machine and turned it back on again and it worked. Most peculiar.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Pleased you enjoyed your birthday Griff and what a nice surprise from Steve - perhaps some of you has rubbed off on him

Sorry Zen failed June but perhaps you will be allowed to take it again shortly once she has finished her season.

Lovely read as usual Brenda.

Lovely here this morning so must get on. Take Teazle out, wake the hoards and then go to get my monthly shop. Had a lovely day out yesterday at Sheffield Park. The colours were glorious and the reds of some of the Acers were very vivid.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 08:20 AM
Morning Moyra and Sue and all who follow. Tried again this morning to post early on my tablet but as usual I couldn't put in a category so it wouldn't accept my posting. grr!! Anyway it was really to reply to LG about dancing dogs. I am not a lover of it, especially if the circus bit comes into play. Prefer the dogs to be natural with their movements. Bit like dressage. Don't like circuses of any sort. So it was only some moves for the young handlers to try with their pups. Keeps their interest and interaction with their canines. Lovely day here so off out for a lovely walk with Tyto later. He has had his first early morning walk of the day. So after catching up with various things I will be gone. Have a good day all. bfn.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Morning All! Foggy start here, but should get better later. Am going out for lunch with a girlfriend today - someone I used to ride with years ago, and we have just become re-acquainted. She's a tomboy like me and we get on really well.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Morning everyone,
Woke up with a little bit of a headache. Well that can go, I've took some headache tablets so hopefully it will be gone soon.
It's quite foggy here this morning, hopefully that will clear, it's supposed to.
Moyra sometimes technology does strange things
Sue Sheffield park sounds pretty. Have a good day
Brenda hope you have a good day
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2016, 09:33 AM

Morning all

One of the paths around the lake at Sheffield Park. It was a peak day with hundreds of people there to look at the amazing colour of the various trees

So getting any photos without people in them was neigh impossible. Even that top photo I had to edit out 3 people.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 11:35 AM
You edited well then Barry as it is a great picture.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Motra
little game for everyone. Where in the photo do you think those people were?
I will post original later
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Good day everyone.
June - I feel sure that your girl will fly through it next time - sounds to me as if she didn't take to the person handling her. I have this trouble occasionally with Tess when judges have the necessary physical contact with her at shows. So she either wins or gets nowhere - quite exasperating really.
Griff - so glad you had a smashing birthday - you fully deserved it. Hope there is no residual hangover!
Brenda - Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my comment - so glad that you aren't fond of the "dancing dogs" bit either. I'm very much with you on the natural movements being the way to go. I appreciate that it may serve some purpose if as you say it bonds the younger handlers and their dogs and provides added interest. My comment was not a criticism - just an observation and personal opinion. I am in awe of anyone who can, like yourself, keep turning out well balanced people and pooch pairings. I have infinite patience with dogs but none at all with people so doubt whether it would be a good thing for me to try.
Moyra - sorry to hear that you feel a touch achey (is that a word?) perhaps a bit of comfrey oil or tea could help. I find the tea is made much more bearable with the additon of ginger and honey.
Mandy, Nikki and Sue hope you have a good day and enjoy whatever you are doing.
Take care everyone - will be back later, bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Even that top photo I had to edit out 3 people.
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
little game for everyone. Where in the photo do you think those people were?
Answer :-
One is in front of the yellow bush in the distance having just dropped an empty crisp packet
One is in the big bush on the right having a wee
One is front left bending over with derriere facing camera

You can tell I am a sceptic when it comes to human behaviour
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >