View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Have a look at the Webinar Mel - it will help you understand the whys and wherefores and what to do if it happens again.

It is indeed a horrible thing to watch but Betty would not have known what was happening so please take some reassurance in that.

Fingers crossed that it was a one-off. (((hugs))) xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 05:59 PM
From everything I read about this condition in humans and dogs it is not PAINFUL for them. Scary especially for you but must be some comfort to know they are not in pain.

*my very good friend who is epileptic tells me it is only painful if she falls down and hits her head on something on the way! She is a star and will live with this for the rest of her life and describes it as 'my brain not behaving properly'.
Bettysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you both, your posts are so comforting to read! I'll defiantly check out webinar & am sure it will make things clearer. My beautiful Betty has no ill effects at all and is snoring on my lap as we speak, situation normal......whereas I am reaching for the wine bottle!

Thank you again, so much x
ellea
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2013, 06:38 PM
My old girl started with fits when she was abount 7yrs old took 1 or 2 a month and she was on meds, like other have said time them what was the fit like how long till full recover [ my old girl was always a few hrs as she was disoriented and confused ] but like us don't try to move her unless she is in danger of hurting herself not only that she could bite you, I am sure she will be fine .
My old girl lived to a ripe old age of 20yrs and 6mts
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2