View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Jake has never been bothered with fireworks, thankfully as they have been going off for 2 weeks here!

Sam was terrified of them though, and used to hide in the bathroom the whole time!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 10:28 PM
They have been on the go here for the last 3 nights constantly, luckily none of these bother about them, Skye Tess and Mojo have been outside watching

The cats don't like them especially Colin and Bumble, who make a quick run for the back door if they are out bless xxx

I feel sorry for all those dogs that are terrified and some live outside round here never to be taken in
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 01:13 AM
My vet in Ireland sold Skullcap and Valerian, may be worth trying local vets Deb.
tottymort
New Member!
Male 

28-10-2011, 06:21 AM
1 0f mine isn't bothered,but my little terrier shakes all night,then she wee's in the house,does anyone know of anything that will calm her,she is terrified
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Yes, one of the worst things is that my girl doesn't like to go out between say, 6pm and 11pm or midnight... now she is older she needs to wee more frequently, so it's a case of trying to ensure she empties at the very last moment (thankfully she does "go" on cue) and that she can last the evening.

She is better with the scullcap and valerian and the DAP too, though. Much better. If the fireworks are not overly near to us, she will sometimes come out with me, but very cautiously and poised ready to race inside

Yes Deb, I would try your vets, most vets have it in stock and you should be able to just walk in and buy it basically.

Good luck everyone!

Wys
x
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 08:04 AM
I haven't heard many round here yet just the odd few and one went off the other evening when we out and about. Ted's scared of them and normally ends up under my dad's desk shaking He's had his DAP collar on now for a couple of weeks and it certainly seems to help him i used it last year and although he was still scared when they where going of very close he seemed to get over it quicker and ignored the ones further away.

Normally i have trouble being able to walk him after dark but so far he's not been to bad so i think the collar is helping thankfully. He'll probably just have his morning walk next week though i as i suspect they will start becoming more frequent then.
Red[dog]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2011, 11:57 AM
We've had at least a few fireworks pretty much every night for the past 3 weeks here, it's ridiculous!

As this is Kasper's first Bonfire Night with us we were very worried about how he'd be, but thankfully he seems to be taking it all in his stride, touch wood!

I'm still a little anxious how he'll be on Bonfire Night when they go off continuously, but the other night we were walking back (it was about 5pm and not even anywhere near dark yet!!) a firework went off just above us, really loud. Me and my bf jumped out of our skin but when I looked down at Kasper he was just walking and sniffing as normal!

My Aunt's collie cross who has sadly passed away now used to be terrified of fireworks - she was scared of the sound of someone dropping things, clapping their hands, singing etc. so fireworks were her worst nightmare. She would shake so much she couldn't stand, and no anxiety medication the vet gave her helped, bless her.

Red
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I bought some from our vet. Scullcap and valerium. He said it could take a couple of days to get into her system properly.

Fingers crossed. I hate seeing her so upset.

Thanks guys x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Max isn't too bad with random banging fireworks, it's the screeching ones that worry him. He never used to be bothered until we moved to this area where we have a lot more problems with them. Most years now we will end up with the odd one on the roof of the car or rocket tail sticking out of the kitchen window or one on the doorstep. It's only a matter of time before some idiot blows us up We have had less in the last couple of years thankfully, I think because generally people have less money at the moment.

The hens will be asleep in their carrier in the spare room and we will keep the tv on for Max. It is so frustrating though letting him out for a wee last thing. You wait until they appear to have stopped, quite late in the evening, and then you risk it and out of the blue there will be another massive explosion. It is the only time of the year that he will refuse to go out in the garden by himself.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 02:35 PM
I work at Tesco, and so far the firework stand has been very quiet.

They are BOGOF at the moment, and still no takers hardly.

They will all end up being sold cheap to staff after 5th Nov. That will mean that we will have them non stop until the New Year AGAIN!!!!
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >