Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 07:54 PM

the move

well, going to my mums tomorrow afternoon rather than sunday as its easier.

Now, i am hoping indie will settle in a few days, and hopefully i will have internet up and running b4 the end of next week

Now, my mums dog and cat should be joining us at some point next week, not sure when yet. I know indie gets on fine with the dog, but the cat is understandably terrified of her! He really loves mums dog and wrestles with him all day. So i know he likes dogs, but as indie is obv an 'intruder' on the property or jus plainly a stranger, hes scared. So how can i get him used to her? Ive considered getting a babygate to put over the kitchen door or something so he can run away without indie terrorizing him, but is it just a matter of time and keeping him inside the house or is there another method i can use to introduce them? I had considered keepin indie on a lead, but he bolts when he sees her anyway!

hopefully i will get time to make some posts tomorrow b4 i have to say bye to the internet for a bit I havent even packed yet! yikes!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Im sure it will all go to plan Indie will settle in a few days when she gets used to the new house.

Good luck
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
the cat will adjust. our cat bolted for a good few weeks after max arrived now the cat holds its own. i hope it goes ok jen xxx
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:09 PM
well i dont want the cat to scratch her.. jus gotta keep an eye on em i spose
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Go with the baby gate and try one to stop Indie legging it up the stairs after the cat too - I assume the cat does go upstairs?

As your moms cat is used to dogs you have the best chance of getting her used to the cat.
It will be chaos I imagine until they all get used to each other. Have fun
And remember we're here for you.

Karen
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I swear by the baby gate too. My dogs are forever chasing one of my cats
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Jenny, Oliver was 7 years old, when I got Luna.... I used a babygate in the beginning, so he had a place to escape to....

I'm sure everything will be fine... And as the cat's already used to Scruffy, things will be fine... Might take a bit more than a couple of days though.... But be patient... AND GET THAT INTERNET SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:39 PM
My cats chase the dogs
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:40 PM
if i wanna set up broadband will my mum have to phone up the company??? Or can i set it up myself and put it under my name even tho my mum pays the phone bill?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
if i wanna set up broadband will my mum have to phone up the company??? Or can i set it up myself and put it under my name even tho my mum pays the phone bill?
Jenny if it is in your Mums name you can just give her the cash or set up a standing order in your name to pay
Good luck with the move honeybun (((hug)))will be thinking about you so hurry and get your PC up and running
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >