Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 10:48 PM

So please with Eddy!

Well Eddy's earned himself a bit of a reputation bless him! Due to his grumpy behaviour he's become known as 'Skin Ed' and 'Ed Banger' with the dog walkers in the local park

But I want to say thanks to Katie from the forum for letting him meet Gadget. I went to meet Katie and her friend Kate with their dogs (three altogether) and was only going to take Takara because I thought Ed would start arguments but the little guy was amazing! He was on his lead to begin with and went up to sniff Gadget first and was very quiet, then went up to Kate's little girl dog, Benji and sniffed her, was a bit unsure but was ok and then Kate's GSD rescue, Thorn who's a darling and Eddy was good as gold the whole time! Even acting submissive!

Bear in mind, Gadget's a staffy x and Thorn's a GSD (two of the three breeds Eddy doesn't like!)!

Normally when I take them both to the park, if its just Eddy and Takara they play but if there are other dogs, Eddy stays by me while Takara plays with the others. Not this time! Eddy decided he was going to join in and chased around after Gadget and the others, mounted Gadget silly dog and had a fantastic time!

He kept looking over to me and his face was a picture - he was so happy!!

I'm really, really proud of him for being so good. I know there'll be more set backs because he's still so unsure of how to approach dogs, but this has to be a good sign! The hard work is paying off!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 10:52 PM
aww this is brilliant news and what a real good boy eddy was for you it lovely when it all goes well and you can relax and the dogs are all happy together well done to you your babes are a real credit
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 10:57 AM
awww lottie thats so lovely!
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Awww, well done Eddy. If Poppy is unsure of another dog she comes and gets between my legs!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by ruthshaw9
Awww, well done Eddy. If Poppy is unsure of another dog she comes and gets between my legs!
Aw bless her! That's better than what Eddy does, he runs at them and shouts his mouth off!

Thanks everyone, I'm really pleased with him. He even played with a mad chocolate lab today in the park! The third breed he hates are labs!

Thanks everyone! Thanks Jen for your kind comments
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
But I want to say thanks to Katie from the forum for letting him meet Gadget. I went to meet Katie and her friend Kate with their dogs (three altogether) and was only going to take Takara because I thought Ed would start arguments but the little guy was amazing! He was on his lead to begin with and went up to sniff Gadget first and was very quiet, then went up to Kate's little girl dog, Benji and sniffed her, was a bit unsure but was ok and then Kate's GSD rescue, Thorn who's a darling and Eddy was good as gold the whole time! Even acting submissive!

Bear in mind, Gadget's a staffy x and Thorn's a GSD (two of the three breeds Eddy doesn't like!)!
Hiya Lottie, just caught this - we had a fab time on friday. Its so nice to see all the doglets getting on so well! Ed was lovely and it was great to finally meet him :smt007
We were especially proud of Thorn as he's come such a long way since Kate got him... he coped brilliantly with walking through town; strangers petting him; and really enjoyed playing with the other dogs! To think that it was only a few months ago that Kate didn't dare let him off the lead or out unmuzzled incase his nervous aggression got the better of him :smt023

Its a shame we didnt have a camera (again ), but i did take some pics that weekend; http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=42399
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Well Done Eddy
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys!

Katie, Thorn is really lovely - It's hard to believe that he had been so unsure! I saw the pics! They're great - Thorn's really lovely!

Eddy's still doing very well, met a lurcher yesterday (I panicked a bit as he was offlead and I couldn't get to him before the lurcher did!) and he was fab.

He's also slowly being introduced to a white husky called Logan who's mega friendly but Eddy doesn't like him much. They're both on leads (Logan because he takes off and doesn't come back) and slowly we're getting them to be closer and closer without Eddy growling!