Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woofos
New Member!
Female 

21-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Tear Stains?

Hello,
I am new to this forum but ever so excited to join.
I was just wondering what everyone uses for tear stains? (especially white breeds such as bichon frise owners)
I've been recommended Angel Eyes however I 'googled' this product and it had mixed reviews.
Can anybody help me with a alternative or had personal experience with Angel Eyes?

Suzie x
welshpoodles
New Member!
Female 

21-05-2011, 07:13 PM
What food are you feeding the dog on?
Also, does the dog have many treats during the day?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Saline - salt/water mix. Use cotton wool - different piece for each eye dipped in solution. From corner of the eye wipe downwards over the tear stain several times. Dry with clean soft tissue wiped down over same areas - different tissue for each eye

Afterwards smear a little vaseline down over the staining. You can use sudocrem but if you do, keep it well away frim the dogs eyes

Initially do twice a day & then can drop down to once a day. Its not a cure, just helps to prevent & its free & best ive ever come across. Be wary of some products you can buy - eyes are very delicate.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Saline - salt/water mix. Use cotton wool - different piece for each eye dipped in solution. From corner of the eye wipe downwards over the tear stain several times. Dry with clean soft tissue wiped down over same areas - different tissue for each eye

Afterwards smear a little vaseline down over the staining. You can use sudocrem but if you do, keep it well away frim the dogs eyes

Initially do twice a day & then can drop down to once a day. Its not a cure, just helps to prevent & its free & best ive ever come across. Be wary of some products you can buy - eyes are very delicate.
I find this way the best for keeping tear stains under control too. That along with vitamin c added to his diet
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 06:26 PM
i swapped my dog's diet because she had really bad tear staining. i switched her from royal canin mini, to raw food. tear stains cleared up, and have any since.