Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Morning everyone.
Got one line of washing on the lie and bedding in the machine. Off to B'ham dogs home today to donate the money we raised when Dave died to them he wanted it to go to them as he rehomed his last two dogs from them.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Morning.

Totally fed up - Loki got bitten on his rump by an off lead greyhound this morning. I had him on a short lead waiting by me because I'd seen the two dogs off lead and I wish I'd given him the extending bit so he could have at least defended himself.

I've put what happened in General Dog Chat - he's fine, just looked a bit surprised.

It's not the first time they went for him - that time the first one bit him but OH gave him the long lead and he was able to get the second greyhound who was copying its friend.

It happened so quickly and I thought I should loosen the lead but he's just had those fits and I didn't want him brawling - I thought the dog would stop when I yelled but it didn't

I'm so sick to death of owners who know their dogs do this. It got a slap but what good is that going to do? It's his fault, he knows it does this and it should have been on its lead.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Morning Lorraine, Jenny, Malka, Nippy Jenny, Kazz and Linda.

Lorraine I hope you are slowly making progress to feeling better just take it easy fora while.
Jenny glad to read the boys are well today and you all had a good nights sleep.
Malka I think he is settling back into old routines.
Morning Nippy Jenny.
Kazz I expect its mixed emotions for you today. Safe journey.
Linda so annoying I have replied in your thread.

Dillon and I took a stroll up to the bridge and back this morning. So far its a lovely day not a cloud in sight sun shining but breezy. Fingers crossed the weather forecasters have the forecast wrong.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Morning all...

Did ya miss me????

Eversuffering husband got home last night and has left me his laptop and dongle, as he will be home tonight and is on holiday for a few days next week, cos it's his birfday...

So sorry, not had a chance to read up on whats been happening, so hope all is well and you all behaved nicely xx

The sun is shinning here, got all my housework done and the bedding in the washing machine. I have to go shopping in a min, cos I have a parcel coming this afternoon. I treated myself to a meat grinder, so I can hopefully grind some chicken carcasses for the cats, will see how long that lasts then

The good news is BT will be here monday to fix my broken phone socket, it is so old, I think Noah must have installed it, no wonder if "fell apart" when I "nudged it" with the hoover.....

With eversuffering husband being home I will be AWOL again for much of next week, we have "stuff" to do outside and just maybe copious amounts of alcohol to be consumed...

Have a great weekend and I will try to nip in later xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Morning Elaine good to see you even if its only briefly.
Enjoy the holidays and I have fingers crossed it doesn't rain.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 10:24 AM
It's lovely and sunny here! I want to go out but I am waiting for a phone call from John Lewis about ... yep, a dress.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Sunny here too, am getting the girls out in half an hour whilst we still have it as the forecast is not good, but if it is like yesterday when it rained when I had done everything I won't mind.
I have to get this steering rack fluid to the garage today as I was too bone idle to go yesterday, and some shopping to do that I also didn't do yesterday.
I think Pereg has sort of programmed herself to go out at these times Malka, no idea why because like you say she has the entire day to download, but has now reprogrammed herself for the night shift instead. I'm sure half an hour won't make a difference on her meds.
Happy Birthday to OH Elaine, it was quiet without you
Glad you have finally got a quiet night and no early morning wake up with the boys, Jenny, long may it continue. Like you've said its got a lot to do with the sh!t left by the floods, and you'd think they'd at least bring in one of those road cleaners to help you clear the silt.
Helena, hope Dave came home in a better frame of mind and you didn't resort to the neighbours with the wine!
Good luck on the fencing, why can't people do a decent job first time instead of doing a botch up, hoping you won't notice.....
Have replied to your thread Linda. Hope the phone call means you get the dress for Carys.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2014, 11:22 AM
June - I know she pees when we get up in the morning, and always after she has eaten - probably other times as well as she is in and out at will. If the door is closed she asks to go out as well. She does not drink much but has water in her "wet" meal and of course being raw fed she gets plenty of fluids.

I know that both epilepsy and her Phenobarbitone causes a weakness in some dogs' bladders in that when they gotta go, they gotta go - she does not leak and waits for me to get through the bungalow to let her out during the night, but it could be a combination of this plus the pressure on her bladder as she sleeps flat on her side.

It is not every night and when she does it is mostly within a couple of hours of going to bed. She also sometimes wants to pee again after the alarm has woken us both for her Pb but not always, and whether she does or not she is quite happy to zonk off again for me to have a lie-in.

I think it is just one of those things - but then I need the loo in the night as well so maybe it is thought transference while we are sleeping?!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 11:27 AM
LOL maybe she thinks she may as well go while you're up and if you're not up she thinks she better wake you in case you need to go
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Linda - I do hope they have the size you want for Carys and look forward to seeing photos of her wearing it!
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »