Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Morning all, loving Zena in her suit!! and the puppy fix xxx

Not a lot new today, we didn't get any snow, but maybe we will soon, its blummin cold though!! work today and a walk and that is all.

Got all my xmas cards written, got to get padded envelopes and wrapping paper and tonight will pack up parcels for England and then go to the Post Office tomorrow and then I am done.. with the overseas things anyway, just me and Mr M to sort!!

Hope the day has treated everyone well xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Can't have the Daily halfway down the page
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi Jenny, so glad you've made such a miraculous recovery. Sleep really is the very best thing you can do when you're feeling c*ap. Afterall, when they take you into hospital, wadda they do? Just leave you lying there to sleep!!! After they've poked you around a bit of course and taken some blood.

Hi Pat, this suit covers the whole of the belly, especially the armpits too that's the whole reason I like these Hurtta's. The cuffs are staying on this time, another reason I've bought 2 new suits, cos having chopped the legs off half way up the original pair, being so wide, the mud just gets up there into the armpits and her trousers. Not only does my hose freeze here on frosty mornings, but these woods over the road are pretty horrendous for mud during the wet, winter months, and I can't be doing with all that showering everytime I come home. She's a big dog, a very thick furred, long haired dog (just like your cavvies) but a lot more of it, and it doesn't do her joints any good being wet all day most days, so this is my answer. Her other overalls get washed everytime we come home, so mud splatters on the cuffs won't make any difference, they will be black along with the rest of it on our return That Fuciderm is steroid based anti biotic cream, and I haven't heard of your others you mentioned there. I used hundreds of tubes of it on Georgie with his hot spots, it's brill for healing, but maybe this one is purely for dogs?

Hi DD, awwww no snow there yet? I'm sure it'll come by the week-end, but you know what they say.....be careful what you wish for. Mind you, it won't affect your commute to work much will it

I wonder if Lynn's managed to find her way back from the shops??

Had a lovely nanny nap, Zena was still upside down next to me on the floor when I woke up, and she never moved when I got up....for a moment there, I had to check she was still breathing

Another cup of green tea, but I'm putting 2 bags in each cup. Jenny, I'm not doing it to detox myself, I'm doing it to reduce cholesterol (allegedly lol).

I'd better go look at these bathroom suites again. Driving me mad, cos the one I want is out of stock, can't see it anywhere else except on eBay and I'm a bit dubious about that, I'd prefer a bathroom outlet, and all the others don't have a vanity under the square sink which is what I want. Hopefully, they'll e-mail me when it's back in stock like they said they would, but I won't hold me breath.

Catch you later then.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Ooft well did a bit of hoovering and cleaned the kitchen floor. Then lay and watched a TV programme called The Blacklist. Only I fell asleep in the middle of it...oops.

Having a coffee (of the decaffinated type) then starting on dinner.

Loved Zena's suit She looks very happy with it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Jenny, thanks for asking but quite frankly I would rather not complain of my aches and pains if I can get away without it. I do suffer with my legs, knees and feet and ankles badly. All my strength is in my arms. I have a blue version of Nippy's (?) Red Adare but during the wet muddy weather do not like to use it because of the wheel marks on the carpet and I have nowhere where I can house it outside. Friends tell me I should get a motorised buggy thing but the same problem arises. Also I am determined to try to use my legs for as long as I can manage it or I shall be wheelchair bound before I am ready to give into it all. At the moment I stick to crutches but I could cry with the pain sometimes but Amber needs and expects her walks three times a day. Steve will often take her for longer walks at night when he comes home from darts. He feels I should keep moving and I guess so do I.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Hellooooooo no I didn't get lost what a long day though.

First to the loca lbutcher down the road have to go back tomorrow they will have a whole belly of pork and I can decide how bigger a bit I need and I can pick up the chipolatas that Gill asked for the mince for both of us and I am buying Mark and Tracey and the kids a duck to take back with them after their Christmas visit. Oh yes and will get Dillons bones tomorrow too.
Then to the little farm shop bought my big bag of potatoes and he says he will have plenty of sprouts on stalks in time for Christmas.
The off to Wisbech a smaller version of Harlow town centre and free parking for 2 hours nothing spectacular there but a handy little shopping centre not far up the road.
Then to Nimax for Dillons food then off to the other pet centre who also sells logs so got some logs, then off to the other side of Wisbech had a look round Farm foods bought some bits and then into Tesco.
Stopped at the house on the way back where the lady makes ans sells Christmas wreaths then round the corner to the other farm shop for kindling.
All I had to do then was unload the car get it up the garden unpack it put it away have a quick tidy and my gingerbread latte and my Victoria sponge with cream from Greggs.
And Dillon was a good boy for the 41/2 hours he was left he did try to be a naughty boy when we were getting the shopping so I told him off turned around came indoors shut him out. Tried again 5 mins later and he was as good as gold so he then got a bone while I did the rest.

Lorraine sorry to hear you still have that headache.
Jenny2 hope you are feeling a bit better and poor Rucksack.
Hope everyone else is well I'm cream crackered now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
LYNN,you sound like you had a great day Eh..the duck for Mark and Tracey Not a live one I take it?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
LOL I bet you are Lynn, sounds like you've had one of MY days there You've just reminded me to get a big bag of spuds from our farm shop cos I'm getting to hate these supermarket baking potatoes atm, they're so watery, they don't crisp up properly when you roast them, and when baked, there's no fluffiness, just a lot of water, euuuuw, 'orrible.

Sounds like you've got everything you need there. I love belly of pork, but purely for the crackling, and I can eat a whole one too Put yer feet up girl, you deserve a nice cuppa by that roaring fire now.

Hi Moyra, sorry to hear your legs are giving up and are painful to walk on. I get the same, so I push myself through my walks each day and then suffer for it when I'm lying down in bed, but like you say, don't want to end up in a wheelchair just yet do we. I hope Steve can take some of the strain off your old legs when he gets home later.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Glad that Dillon has been behaving for you Lynn.

I just heard some decent news. Remember I was telling you about one of our adults who was texting young girls in his charge and allowing kids to get hammered in his house. I was furious about it. He got charged, and was sentenced today. £3000 fine, 12 months in jail and £500 fine for a verbal attack on his wife.

He tried to claim he wasn't told how to deal with cadets/pupils outside school/cadets. What a load of tosh!! We get a child protection course in schools, and we are told in no uncertain terms how to behave in cadets, in fact HE was the one who told me!

Needless to say we are all doubly vigilant now with adults and we all get a duty of care course we have to sit once a year. We were getting stuff like this anyway, and it's in our 'red book' that everyone has to carry with them if they are on cadet business. However, just to make sure that there are no loopholes...they have come out with this care course we all have to sit. I don't mind, if it prevents even one more adult behaving inappropriately with cadets.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Finally sat down after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing this afternoon.
Lore thank goodness that dreadful man got what he deserved, but will he pay the fine, thats a lot of money, and if he asks for time to pay he could still be paying it off in 100 years or so!!!! Hope you're feeling better in yourself now.
Jenny, hope you too are better with the banging head, maybe its to do with this virus, am not looking forward to it making its appearance in my life, sounds like its inevitable though. Poor poor Rucksack, he does look a one in that cone, can't believe he somehow managed to evade the smaller one and still got to his tail, wish I could think of something to stop him getting it, I know when Cariad was spayed they said put a t shirt on her if she started bothering with her stitches, but she didn't and they were in her tummy anyway. If the fuciderm worked miracles on Georgie then surely it'll sort this thing on his tail out pdq.
Maybe tomorrow morning there'll be a big improvement, still 3 days to the wedding and lots can happen.
Pretty peeved this afternoon I have been in contact with the vets where they do the eye clinics several times as the babies will need a litter eye screen, and they weren't sure when their next clinic was, explained situation, also that Keshi and another one would be coming along as well, they took my number, said she was there last Thursday and they would talk to her about a clinic early January, she gave me the impression there were others as well wanting a clinic.
Well I didn't hear anything, so rang them today, and they said the next clinic was Jan 30th, so absolutely no use to me that far down the road. I managed to get her number, who gave me another number where she was, and left my number with them, and she returned my call about an hour ago. She was never told on Thursday that I needed a litter eye screen and 2 adult tests, also that there was a possibility of others as well..... good job I rang her eh. Soooo she is ringing them tomorrow, and because of the circumstances is willing to bring her clinic forward a couple of weeks, so although the babies will have to stay with me a week or so longer, at least their eye screen will be done. I had already pre-warned people that this may well happen. But fancy no one even telling her despite the phone conversations I have had with them!!!! Other option is to drive down to Shropshire or Staffordshire to her surgeries there, too far to take the babies really, a very long journey, and she appreciates that, thank goodness. Very very nice lady, very interested in the dogs, she'd never even heard of them before, never mind seen them and she is fascinated by them.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »