Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Oooooh Pat no undies.
Seems to be the day for children trying to hurt our dogs. Sounds like you nearly had an indoor swimming pool.
I bet you will be glad when all this work is finished jenny. I bet the dogs will too.
Gill was a little better today thank you jenny. She has been quite unwell even the really strong anti sickness tablets weren't working. She hadn't been able to eat either she is hungry and fancies certain foods but when she smells them or tries to eat them she can't.
As she was feeling better today she was going to try to eat some pork pie. Not sure if she managed it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Apparently the Paddington train got stuck at Hereford because of signal problems, so was totally cancelled and the next one would have got husband in to London far too late
Grrrrrr!!!
'evening Sally and all of you out there In a previous life I had to use the train every week and I just don't believe all this about improved service and punctuality. I don't think I ever had a problem free journey and even if the morning went sort of OK you could bet the return would be either cancelled, delayed, or just plain overcrowded (Meaning standing the whole time)

And even if husband gets his money back you won't get any compensation for having a day of bliss and relaxation ruined
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Evening Harvey.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 08:08 PM
It is sad haha though all sadness has been removed with frustration for packing. Ive got so much crap in my posetion haha.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Tang, I hope you managed a surreptitious threat of death or worse to that monster of a child Blinking good thing your overflow works Still, you have had a good clear out of that tank now!

Jenny you have all my sympathies over the disruption whilst work is carried out (or not!) on the outside of the house. Suddenly the most luxurious thing in the world seems to be the idea of just opening the door and letting the dog/s out, or even being able to go for a wee without the worry of a strange man suddenly appearing at the door or window!!

Harvey, the money back for the ticket takes weeks And you are totally right ..........I checked.........there is no compensation whatsoever for my ruined day We have a little quaint wooden hut on our tiny station in the middle of a field which used to be run spasmodically by "Gareth the Train" but he now drives buses too and from Hereford I believe, (so he is now Gareth the Bus I suppose). "John the Train" does the honours now, for a few minutes each morning!!! Sorry, I exaggerate, he is there for a couple of hours I think
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-06-2013, 08:21 PM
We have a little quaint wooden hut on our tiny station in the middle of a field which used to be run spasmodically by "Gareth the Train" but he now drives buses too and from Hereford I believe, (so he is now Gareth the Bus I suppose). "John the Train" does the honours now, for a few minutes each morning!!! Sorry, I exaggerate, he is there for a couple of hours I think
I am visualising "John the train" sitting at the ticket office window with a book of tickets and writing out each one, with a quill pen, as the passengers que up each morning
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Very nearly Harvey! The books in there are all from the year dot, and the posters are those really old ones about thrilling destinations!!

Actually, he would suit a quill pen, but he has a little computer sadly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-06-2013, 08:43 PM
and the posters are those really old ones about thrilling destinations!!
Yes I can remember those, Brighton, Norwich, Wrexham etc,
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oooooh Pat no undies.
Seems to be the day for children trying to hurt our dogs. Sounds like you nearly had an indoor swimming pool.
I bet you will be glad when all this work is finished jenny. I bet the dogs will too.
Gill was a little better today thank you jenny. She has been quite unwell even the really strong anti sickness tablets weren't working. She hadn't been able to eat either she is hungry and fancies certain foods but when she smells them or tries to eat them she can't.
As she was feeling better today she was going to try to eat some pork pie. Not sure if she managed it.
Poor Gill what hell she is going through but hopefully she'll look back at this phase of her life in years to come and the painful memory will fade. It must be taking its toll on you too. (((hugs))).

Harvey - Hi Reminiscing about your travels up to town on our wonderful train system. I think our over-ground system needs a huge shake up, but I still think our underground system is brilliant ..... albeit all expensive

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
It is sad haha though all sadness has been removed with frustration for packing. Ive got so much crap in my posetion haha.
Go for it girl ..... chuck the crap and only keep what is important ..... de-clutter and you'll be much happier as not so much to move.

Sally - "We have a little quaint wooden hut on our tiny station in the middle of a field" ..... wow where do you live? ...... The Island of Sodar amongst Thomas the Tank Engine and friends Wherever it is it sounds exceedingly quaint. Too right about wanting the dogs to have free run of the garden again .... hopefully by the beginning of next week
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Lynn, somehow I managed to miss reading that about Gill. She really is going through the mill, and I echo what Jenny said about hoping that in years to come all of this horrible episode will have receded into the depths of her memory.

Jenny, Ledbury is nowhere near as busy as Sodor!!! Crikey, they have absolutely everything on that little island don't they........um, not that I watch Thomas of course I used to when grandsproglet was here as a toddler.

Yes, even though we are rural we are still on the main line to Paddington from Hereford which is extremely useful at times.

Fingers crossed that those men get a shift on and all is finished sooner rather than later.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >