View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Sally - there is nothing I can say, is there, except that I hope for his sake that your Father just goes to sleep and does not wake up. It sounds horrid to say that but having watched my own Father take nine long agonising months before he found peace, my heart breaks for you and for your Father.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Lynn, it's not easy at times like this is it - but as you say, at least the nursing home is superb so there are no worries there.

I will definitely be ringing SOMEONE tomorrow, starting with the plods. Just going to google to see if there are any RSPB centres near here.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Sally - there is nothing I can say, is there, except that I hope for his sake that your Father just goes to sleep and does not wake up. It sounds horrid to say that but having watched my own Father take nine long agonising months before he found peace, my heart breaks for you and for your Father.
That's what we are hoping for Malka, and sooner rather than later. Thank you

Anyone watching BGT? Those two lads singing at the end were wonderful.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi, sorry for my absence this weekend, hope everyones had a good bank holiday.

Went for a massively long run on sunday and nearly died, apart from that i've just eaten all weekend! whoops.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Hi, sorry for my absence this weekend, hope everyones had a good bank holiday.

Went for a massively long run on sunday and nearly died, apart from that i've just eaten all weekend! whoops.
Evening.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Hello Emmis. Well, you need fuel for those long runs of yours
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Its hard but I do think just going to sleep for them would be so much easier. It is very hard to watch and listen to when there is nothing you or any DR. can do for them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Good evening Sally, I read your post 44 above and like others I feel for you. Both my parents passed away quickly so I have never been in quite the same position, but the home sounds excellant and that's important, and I hope that writing that post helped you come to terms with the situation.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hello Emmis. Well, you need fuel for those long runs of yours
haha that was my excuse, probably needed to do a whole weeks worth of them but ah well, not like i eat like that alllll the time... just 6 days out of the 7
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Its hard but I do think just going to sleep for them would be so much easier. It is very hard to watch and listen to when there is nothing you or any DR. can do for them.
There are a few of us in this position aren't there At least we can empathise and support, and thank you for yours.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Good evening Sally, I read your post 44 above and like others I feel for you. Both my parents passed away quickly so I have never been in quite the same position, but the home sounds excellant and that's important, and I hope that writing that post helped you come to terms with the situation.

Hello Harvey, and yes writing it did help enormously. I hope that those too gorgeous dogs of yours are doing well.

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
haha that was my excuse, probably needed to do a whole weeks worth of them but ah well, not like i eat like that alllll the time... just 6 days out of the 7
You should be eating massive protein meals or something shouldn't you Ten eggs, and heaps of pasta plus a few steaks and a strawberry??
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >