Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Lynn,
Yes, you certainly have Lynn and it has not been without some effort and time on the part of you, Helena, and all who post here.

I have deliberately not posted so often here because I noticed that far from being 'cliquey' there were more and more new people joining in and it must be hard for you and H and all to keep track of everyone without me adding to the list. 'tho I will post when I can.

Also when I am in England (As recently) I only get to log in during the evening when I am also trying to cook a meal and watch TV and being a bloke this kind of multi-tasking really takes it out of me I am getting on a bit too you know

Sometimes my posts go unanswered, there must be a million reasons why that happens (Well a lot anyway ) with a forum like this one can't expect to see everything and get the same kind of repartee that one gets in a pub or face to face, I actually quite like the 'delayed response' scenario as I think it delivers a more considered and kindly reply, people say some things in the heat of the moment face to face that they latter regret.

Keep up the good work kiddo, and give that lump of a dog of yours a hug from me
Morning Harvey oh we love you to post and will always try to make the time to answer. Both Helena and I always reply to the first post off people of the day. Sometimes we may miss the odd one if they post more than once.
Thank you for the lovely response. Dillon says thank you for the hugs but he is not sure he deserves them today he is having a naughty day.
I think you manage very well when away from home and don't worry I don't know any man that can multi task or woman as she gets older. Well I can't anymore I know that much.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Just collapsed with a coffee & a catchup.
It was sunny here this morning but is forecast showers later. It's gone dull & breezy now so it will start raining just as I'm ready for this afternoons walkies.
I've give the kitchen a good clean & bleached everywhere & the went upstairs sorting my wardrobe out. There are not many clothes left in there now though. I filled two old suitcases full of stuff - old coats & trousers etc.
can't remember whose done or doing what but have a good day & hope everybody thats poorly or with poorly relatives & dogs feel better today.
Morning Lynne. I hope the rain holds off for you. You have a done a lot already puts me to shame. Oh I have stripped the beds and the sheets are now in the wash.
Enjoy the coffee.

Glad you are feeling better after your snooze Lorraine.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 12:10 PM
LS - Enjoy your few hours with your OH and no kids - very precious times You'll have such a busy week with it being half term. I was never sure what was better having the kids at home and not having to do the school run, packed lunches after school activities or having them at home all day

Jenny - Enjoy your day as it looks like the last sunny one for a while

Moyra - what a huge relief that Amber is back to her normal self Enjoy your day.

Sal - I've always hated the process of moving and especially finding out how everything works - well done for sorting the shower spray and good luck getting all your washing done. There are never enough hours in the day especially when you have all the normal chores plus the unpacking

Lore - So pleased you're not feeling nauseous any more - it's amazing what a nap will do. If you get through your ironing especially quickly and want some more, my pile is huge Enjoy your walk down by the shore - I'd love to be able to do that.

Harvey - I totally agree with you. Lynn and Helena do a fabulous job and make everyone feel so welcome. I find it hard to remember who is who and what dogs they own, but they seem to remember everything I gather you had a good time over here but what a shame the weather wasn't kinder.

Lynn - I hope you've managed some 'chill' time out in your garden.

I walked the dogs, went to the garden centre to buy some Cuprinol as I'm not prepared to use our old creosote as the smell is just so strong, done two loads of washing which is out on the line, bought some meat for a BBQ tonight (if the weather holds) and hope to cut the grass sometime this afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks jenny it is nice that she is not doing a pee every couple of yards as she was so the A/bs must be doing their job.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Lovely start to the morning here, it gradually went downhill from lovely sunshine to grey and cool. Got Mabs and Keshi out onto the field and just played squeaky balls with them. It was rather a long day for Keshi yesterday, she is only 6 months and is on restricted exercise until 1 year old and I know we were out for a long time, we kept stopping and sitting down for a while then moving off, but I decided that today we would just do some playing and then home as the last thing I want is to do any skeletal damage to her. So many people stopped and stared at them, someone said to me 'I would die for dogs like that' and all in all I was very proud of my 2 babies.
Then took Cariad and Lona onto the river for a swim and a play and some mummy time as they got left all afternoon yesterday so they needed some cuddles and reassurance I still loved them. I started doing the yard and kennels, and it started spitting, then it turned into rain, then it really came down, was in a t shirt and trakkie bottoms so got soaked, however everywhere is clean and smells lovely again, clean bedding down, everyone got bones. Have had a shower and washed my hair, looked out and Keshi is lay out in the rain strange girl
Have run out of tea bags so will have to go out and get some, also no pet mince when I went to get some to put out for brekkies, there is only one left, I thought I had more, soooo when I got some from the butchers for Karen on Saturday, he said do you want any and I said no I've got loads, because I thought I had, but I haven't. Will have to make it up with chicken wings because I've got a lot of them They'll survive for one morning I'm sure.They are having that fish with a funny name for tea tonight.
Finally downloaded the bluebell piccies and here are a couple of them

Hope you have a a lovely afternoon at the show Bev and the rain holds off down your way, nothing worse than a horse show when its piddling down, been there many many times. Carvery brekkie sounds lovely as well, wish I had one near me, I'm sure I would be tempted,maybe as well I haven't actually
The forecast for tomorrow, round here at least, is 90% chance of rain so have done all my bits that need doing, so if it is persisting down tomorrow, then I will hibernate.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lovely start to the morning here, it gradually went downhill from lovely sunshine to grey and cool. Got Mabs and Keshi out onto the field and just played squeaky balls with them. It was rather a long day for Keshi yesterday, she is only 6 months and is on restricted exercise until 1 year old and I know we were out for a long time, we kept stopping and sitting down for a while then moving off, but I decided that today we would just do some playing and then home as the last thing I want is to do any skeletal damage to her. So many people stopped and stared at them, someone said to me 'I would die for dogs like that' and all in all I was very proud of my 2 babies.
Then took Cariad and Lona onto the river for a swim and a play and some mummy time as they got left all afternoon yesterday so they needed some cuddles and reassurance I still loved them. I started doing the yard and kennels, and it started spitting, then it turned into rain, then it really came down, was in a t shirt and trakkie bottoms so got soaked, however everywhere is clean and smells lovely again, clean bedding down, everyone got bones. Have had a shower and washed my hair, looked out and Keshi is lay out in the rain strange girl
Have run out of tea bags so will have to go out and get some, also no pet mince when I went to get some to put out for brekkies, there is only one left, I thought I had more, soooo when I got some from the butchers for Karen on Saturday, he said do you want any and I said no I've got loads, because I thought I had, but I haven't. Will have to make it up with chicken wings because I've got a lot of them They'll survive for one morning I'm sure.They are having that fish with a funny name for tea tonight.
Finally downloaded the bluebell piccies and here are a couple of them

Hope you have a a lovely afternoon at the show Bev and the rain holds off down your way, nothing worse than a horse show when its piddling down, been there many many times. Carvery brekkie sounds lovely as well, wish I had one near me, I'm sure I would be tempted,maybe as well I haven't actually
The forecast for tomorrow, round here at least, is 90% chance of rain so have done all my bits that need doing, so if it is persisting down tomorrow, then I will hibernate.
Afternoon June glad the walks went well and the pictures are lovely.
I do things like that think I have got loads the find I haven't I also do it the other way round think I haven't got any and find I've got loads so seems you just can't win.

I hope the weather stays fine jenny for your bbq.
Been to get Dillon some food and some bits for us and now about to get some weeding done and washing out in the hopes it is all done before the rain arrives which I am hoping it won't.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 02:58 PM
June, I love the pics, the girls look like they had a great time

I went back to sleep in bed for a few hours, woke up just before Davie got in. Feeling a lot better. So at least sorting out the washing this afternoon, but first a snack, I'm starving! Perhaps some of that lovely vanilla and cranberry cheese on some oatcakes
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Gorgeous photos June. Is it Keshi & Mabs. Love the third one of them running through the grass Miserable weather here isn't it? I was just going to start going out at 1 o clock when it started. Thought it might just be a shower so cleaned the bathroom while I waited for it to go off - but it didnt Gave up waiting abt. 2 o clock & braved the elements. We only had a quick ball play though for abt an hour.
I've just put some very meaty Bacon ribs in the pressure cooker for tea. - delicious.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Just got back from Asda, got some milk, reduced veg, choklit - have put the kettle on - er forgot the Tea Bags
It is so wet and miserable, I'm not going out again, have got some lucozade and some vimto cordial so that will have to do me, not really a coffee person, I have it in, but unless it is made with all milk I don't like it.
Can't believe I have forgotten the teabags, what was Nippy saying about Senility - here's another one
Glad you're feeling better Lorraine, I think it has all caught up with you, this hectic jet set lifestyle you lead,, and your body keeps switching you off
Yes that is Mabs and Keshi giving the bluebells a try out
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Lovely pictures of gorgeous Mabs and adorable Keshi - but did you have to mention teabags?

Only I appear to have lost an unopened box of 100 teabags and an unopened 200g jar of instant coffee...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Oh no June not forgotten the tea bags.
The weather for you and Lynne sounds awful. You were very brave having an hour in it Lynne.

Done the annoying bit of weeding near the pond and Gorden is cutting the front grass. So there I am on a precarious ledge where I can easily fall into the pond and ask have you got the key to the gate. Yes then 2 seconds later over the fence guess what I hear I haven't got the key.
Give me a minute and I will pass it through the window yes but I need to switch the electric on in the kitchen for the mower well you will have to give me two minutes.
I have walked the dog with him fed the dog stripped two beds and done the washing of the sheets well you know what I mean put it in the washing machine done some breakfast been shopping with him hung the second lot of washing out first lot dry folded and ready to go back on the beds 3rd lot in the machine done lunch and some weeding. And he can't remember a key.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »