View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2013, 06:29 PM
It is - but it is not from the Sahara. A Sharav [or Khamsin] is a scorchingly hot, dry desert wind which blows from the Arabian Desert - supposedly from May to mid-June and from September to October [so what is it doing here in March?].

It supposedly lasts for two to five days at a time [but obviously nobody told it that].

In the meantime, 'ot dust and sand tastes 'orrid.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 06:36 PM
I would hate that dust and heat Malka, I would prefer to be cold after all.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Taffsmum, yes why does that always happen, it only rains when we go out and by the time we get back the skies have cleared and it stops Oh dear, to those gel pad thingies, but sounds like they were a good buy for you when they worked properly and I really think you could do with another pair. Why not just sit them in some water from the kettle next time maybe instead of boiling them up like that?
Why didn't I think of putting them in the water from the kettle I'd just make a coffee before putting them in the pan which is why I forgot them. They are in the bin now Good job they are only cheap. I'll have to send for some more I cant believe Ive waited till March & gone all through winter before I thought of buying some. They only stay warm for about 30 mins but once my hands are warm they stayed warm for the rest of the walk. Somebody on the reviews said you could microwave them but I didn't want to risk it with them having a bit of metal inside.
OOH any cakes left I just fancy one for after tea. They look lovely.
Gorgeous photos of the babies again June
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Evening all..........got as far as the fabulous pictures of the babies, and THEN - my very favourite Chocolate crispies. *grabs two quickly. Nippy you produce a very pretty cake; I couldn't do that lot in a million years!

Have to go back and continue reading now.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:33 PM
OMG H old bean, you have really excelled yourself this time What if someone was passing by with their camera or clever phone??? You could be an internet sensation before you know it

Taffsmum, sorry about your handwarmers - let's hope that after this coming cold weather it will warm up nicely so that you won't miss them.

TW, it sounds as if your friend was frustrated on your behalf. She just wants a happy ending for Ash, as do we all.

Not done much exciting today, just went to Marks in Malvern to sort out his lordship's birthday prezzies then had a rather damp and drizzly walk with Jimmi.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Evening all..........got as far as the fabulous pictures of the babies, and THEN - my very favourite Chocolate crispies. *grabs two quickly. Nippy you produce a very pretty cake; I couldn't do that lot in a million years!

Have to go back and continue reading now.
Evening Sally I will pinch a cake or two as well before they all disappear because my shortbread went horribly wrong.
At least the victoria sponge is ok as it for Joel tomorrow his birthday cake.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi Lynn - the birthday cake is the most important thing isn't it, so Joel won't even notice that there is no shortbread.

All these people baking, it makes me feel almost guilty.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Sorry everyone but this is very urgent.

JUNE - your email address has been hacked and is sending dodgy emails to everyone in your address book, and in turn they are being sent to everyone in those peoples' address books.

Answer your phone please.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Malka, this has been doing the rounds for a while now......H got it first on here I think, but the main thing is not to click on any links or attachments
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Hiya Malka, have just had a phone call from someone telling me this, phone stopped ringing now didn't get to it in time. Am in the process of changing my password....aaaggghhhhh
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »