View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Aw Bye Che! I hope you have a wonderful time with your new Mum and Dad! TW well done for being so brave.

I had quite a busy day, and Davie had an eventful one, because of his needs he and a few others are being integrated into the High School now, they have visits over the next few months to get used to all the people there and the classes and finding their way around. I spoke to the school earlier and to their surprise Davie was completely confident and their group had such a good time that they stayed later than they were supposed to. Davie being Davie, he loved the biology lab with their dead moles and skeleton

I was so proud of him, he confided later that he was nervous but hid it. We have been talking about what he will learn, how much work will be involved, what it will be like for him. He seems okay with it.

Grumpy pants Brian is in better form tonight, but he's off to his friends tonight again because one of his friends who works offshore is home. So Davie is coming to cadets with me
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 06:00 PM
see if you can borrow a zimmer frame. They are much easier to you and you feel a lot safer getting around with them
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Awe! Sweet. Glad to hear Sasha went without a backward glance. You will feel as though the house is empty now with one less there.

Very windy here but a nice day. I Went out all bundled up & ended up slowly stripping off - well only gloves & hat & opening my jacket. I saw some daffodils in bud which cheered me up.
While I was out OH started to pressure wash the flags in the yard. Only done half of them yet but they look like new now. You wouldn't believe the muck that came off them - along with a big pile of dog hair. We are waiting for a quote from a fella to re-lay most of them & re-point them so they needed cleaning before he comes - when the weather s. bit more settled.

You did get some good bargains there Helena. Well done.
Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
Hi Taffsmum Now you've done a job that I want to do, once Dave lets me get my hands on his pressure washer, but like you say, the weather hasn't really been up for cleaning stones has it. Yes, I still can't believe the high quality of these curtains for that amount of money and I've bought so many pairs I've run out of windows to hang them I did splash out and buy an expensive pair at £80 odd quid but they are for my bedroom to brighten it up, the ones I put up when we moved here are too dark and Spring is just around the corner, I need to brighten this place up now (don't I???? )

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh screwdriver - allen key - oh no, I'm having nightmares

Please don't tell Dave you tried to undo them with a screwdriver
LOL, H, I now found the alan key, I had to rack my brains to go back and remember where I had put it in that "safe" place and voila, it was still there! Tomorrow I can do them all on my own now without having to bother Dave cos he's not particularly interested in curtains, being a man and all that

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
He was so talkative I will miss our little 'chats' house seems quieter now without him. Poor Ash will be lost, him and Che spent hours chasing each other round the kitchen, in and out of the crate and generally just mawling each other.
Been out to put some lpg in Hannah Honda and get some shopping, got loads of choccie that I've not been able to buy for weeks n' weeks. Was hoping for an email from them when I got in but nothing as yet.
If they have got a husky they have trained to recall, they must be Superhuman, so Che will be a walk in the park!!!
Awwww, he's gone now then June I'm sure Ash will miss him loads, but what about Mum doesn't she wonder where on earth he is then??? Dry those eyes now, he's gonna be very happy in his new found forever home, you mustn't worry.xxxx

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Aww Tw it's hard letting them go isn't it,
I'm sure he will be just fine xx

It's been a dry but windy day here,dried my washing outside and managed to keep it on the line today

O/H has been fairly quiet today,he had the cheek to tell me I do nothing all day first thing So he's been met with pretty sarcastic replies to his requests.I've had an idea anyway should he refuse to go back next week,then I am going to see our GP and arrange transport through them,then he can't refuse to go
Well you just put him on here with us lot then Sal, and we'll tell him a few home truths about how hard you work there Bdooly men!!!! (((((((hugs)))))))) He's just bored, so he's taking it out on you.xxxx

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Well I can't understand why he 'couldn't go because of the weather' anyway, I mean it was in a car, not as though there was 3 buses to catch etc.
You are a Saint, I'd have gone on holiday I think if I'd had that treatment, it is self inflicted for a start and he needs to think about engaging his brain before putting his mouth into gear.
Hear, hear June

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
He's a big baby TW,honestly,he doesn't do hospitals,doctors,opticians,anything medical forget it.....

He is refusing to use the crutches,doesn't like them, and is scared he's going to fall over on them,the drive has water repellent stuff on it so gets pretty slippery and of course he refused point blank he wasn't going,it wouldn't be so bad if he showed a little bit of effort and at least tried,but that's far to easy for him And to make matters worse my friends hubby told him when he broke his ankle he kept falling by using the crutches
I'm going to bed absolutely shattered,I think the longest I sat down for last night was about 30 mins,inbetween fetching him drinks,doing food,sorting dogs and kids etc,it's worse than looking after a baby and blooming hard work too.

Changing my attitude as from tomorrow if I am busy he can flaming well wait....Victor Meldrew has nothing on him
Lol, you go girl!!!!

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Aw Bye Che! I hope you have a wonderful time with your new Mum and Dad! TW well done for being so brave.

I had quite a busy day, and Davie had an eventful one, because of his needs he and a few others are being integrated into the High School now, they have visits over the next few months to get used to all the people there and the classes and finding their way around. I spoke to the school earlier and to their surprise Davie was completely confident and their group had such a good time that they stayed later than they were supposed to. Davie being Davie, he loved the biology lab with their dead moles and skeleton

I was so proud of him, he confided later that he was nervous but hid it. We have been talking about what he will learn, how much work will be involved, what it will be like for him. He seems okay with it.

Grumpy pants Brian is in better form tonight, but he's off to his friends tonight again because one of his friends who works offshore is home. So Davie is coming to cadets with me
Hi Lorraine, so pleased to hear about your Davie today, this is going to do him the world of good isn't it Glad to hear old grumpy pants is off out tonight leaving you in peace, I have the opposite here, cos mine is back!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-01-2013, 07:17 PM
A very very belated good morning

My heating packed up this morning and I have spent a lot of the day trying to sort it out but didn't get far .
Seems like my existing heating may be irreparable and I will have to find an alternation . For the moment it is an electric fire and woollen rug while I look at my options .
Roll on spring ...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Is there nothing that can be done even temporarily. The last thing you need right now
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Evening all, magic bottle is here at last...........sorry it's late because some of you sound as if you need it.

Mini that is appalling news about your heating, and I do hope that you can sort something out soon - winter is not over yet, and I do NOT want to be trundling up that hill and down the other side laden with blankets, quilts and soup

Bye bye Che , we will always remember your early days with so much affection; be a good boy and make your mummy proud.

Brierely, I really really hope that Rosie doesn't start her pacing again tonight and that those results come back very soon. I went to bed last night, and all I could think of was you and that dear dog.

Another lovely long walk for Jimmi today, and he is a very happy boy The negative side of my day was some pompous pillock who emailed me re my website, nitpicking on a tiny detail that I omitted..........he was so rude and obnoxious that it almost wiped out all the lovely friendly and appreciated emails that I receive However, I tell myself, my site is huge and if this minor thing was all that he could find wrong then I am not doing too badly. What a shame that one person can put such a dampner on things though.

*wipes eyes on curtain, and sits in chair cuddling a large whisky and ginger and a bar of extra dark choc
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Rosebud, I saw on another thread that you were upset and thinking of leaving Dogsey..........please don't. I for one love reading your posts, even if I don't always comment. STAY
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Evening Sally I shall have a large glass of red please.
Sorry to hear OH has started again Sal.
I hope Rosie is more settled tonight Chris.

Well Dillon and I have had a fun day. First the slobber up some woman's jeans prisitine ones too for dog walking. Not sure where I am going wrong I always look like a tramp when walking Dillon.

Had a bath after our second walk and he comes upstairs now. He stands with his head over the bath and tries to get the shampoo and bubble bath and nuzzles my ear then nicked my bath towel and left it on the bed. After doing that he went downstairs little monkey.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Brierely, I really really hope that Rosie doesn't start her pacing again tonight and that those results come back very soon. I went to bed last night, and all I could think of was you and that dear dog.
Oh, bless you and thank you. Rosie has been subdued for most of the day. She had a walk (short one), but is lack-lustre if you know what I mean. Mind you, I think she's still shattered from last night.

Since tea time she's been doing a bit of neck stretching, but, thankfully hasn't started pacing yet so it's so far so good.

I'm hoping the results are back tomorrow. If not, it's likely to be Monday
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Aw Sally don't let people like that get you down. I've just had this conversation with my six-year-old daughter - another little girl said some spiteful things and Carys is very sensitive and it upset her. It only matters if these people are brilliant people that you respect and who matter to you. If they're not fantastic people then you shouldn't give a XXX about what they think because they are not worth it!

Good luck for those results Brierly.

Now, I already have a glass of red on the go but it won't last long so I will top up if that's okay?

We have trout here tonight because it was on offer. And sweet potato, which I just adore.
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >