Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
I aksed a load of questions about other breeds. I raised questions about the Mexican Hairless and it was (as usual) just skipped over.

Also about the worth of KC and registration and about health testing...

... not as much fun as wild sweeping baseless comments about my dog though
Well you didn't ask them directly to me..!

Mexican Hairless I know nothing about seeing as my breed is the total oposite.

KC reg doesn't mean a healthy dog nor does non KC reg. On Cheeko's 'pedigree' it says they can't guarentee a healthy dog for breeding or showing from. Well they got that right and he isn't KC reg. So yes I know the mess puppyfarmers etc leave.

I don't remeber insulting any of your dogs personaly. Just passing what I think on the type in general.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:42 PM
You must have a monopoly on doodle mess (and I thought that was my back garden). Sorry I bow to your expertise.

So they don't end up in rescue... so explain "mess" then!!
errrmm please show me where I mentioned seeing the mess of Doodles crosses??? I didnt I said DD crosses! and the DD crosses I talk of happen to have NO doodle In them...
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Tbh i dont know much about the NI so couldnt say. Dont really want to look up on dogs being slated I dont like it, as Ive said before its the irresponsible breeders and prospective owners that need correction imo. any dog can excel in the right hands but as I say I have no knowledge of NI's so dont know if thats the case with them but would assume so.
The dogs are NOT being slated.

I will say again!
...It is the irresponsible people who are breeding them and churning them out for profit making without being 100% truthful to the people who are taking them on!

I have NO issues with crossbreeding -if it is done with proper health and temp testing. I have met some fab Poodle x's (although you would often not know they were a cross) and I have met some nasty ones. The dogs are fine...I get cross with the breeders!
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
These threads are started knowing the feeling around the forum. I would class that as starting the argument.
? So if I ask a question about the weather and someone starts on me because I drive a car and am solely responsible for global warming and melting the ice caps so the rain is my fault......?
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:44 PM

I will say again!
...It is the irresponsible people who are breeding them and churning them out for profit making without being 100% truthful to the people who are taking them on!

I have NO issues with crossbreeding -if it is done with proper health and temp testing. I have met some fab Poodle x's (although you would often not know they were a cross) and I have met some nasty ones. The dogs are fine...I get cross with the breeders!
And the same applies to most breeds/types of dogs.... or is it just poodle crosses?

Do you get cross with all breeders?
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:44 PM

I will say again!

Then have a pop at the breeders,not the kind and caring pet owners.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
Then have a pop at the breeders,not the kind and caring pet owners.
The kind and caring pet owners that cause the demand.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Why oh why has it always to be a "you are pickin on us" reponse
Azz have you noted this - thought we are supposed to ignore each other...
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Do NOT get personal in posts.

Concentrate on what's been said not who said it. If you think an opinion is vile, fine - but don't go round calling people names or attacking them personally.
Sorry but we did not start this and where have we been personal more than all the others???
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
So I don't like 'designer dogs', GSD's, staffies, bull terriers, boxers, leonbergers and so on. I don't see people with the other breeds calling me a bully because I don't like their choice of dog. You give as good as you get so don't go calling out your the victim because people don't like your choice!
Well now I see - lol
People ask opinons on other forums, they get them. Don't ask if you can't handle the responses!! Also I notice most these 'doodle' owners only popup on forums when someone slates this kind of dog
Read our rules.
ditto to other posters

People don't have to like other people's opinions, or beliefs - but mustn't start acting like 6 year olds and start calling each other names.

Concentrate on what's been said and not who said it.
not a case of who is posting - more the comments being made and insulting our choice - do these people have no respect or manners??? No is the obvious response!!
Keep personal insults off the forum - it is against our rules.
Like I asked where have I said anything more than others?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

And sorry but "traits" were guesswork... when the breeds you support were founded there was no testing and not DNA... the breeds were developed by luck and think of the hundreds of dogs that didn't benefit from a lucky decision.
Nope there was not.....but there is now - so there is no excuse for not using the facilities available.

It is a terrible argument to say thats how it was done then so thats how we will do it now. There is NO excuse for not health testing a dog you are going to bred from.

Luckily we have better ethics and morals these days - which is why trying to start a new 'breed' has so many pitfalls.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
errrmm please show me where I mentioned seeing the mess of Doodles crosses??? I didnt I said DD crosses! and the DD crosses I talk of happen to have NO doodle In them...
Sorry... didn't realise it was a quiz.. I thought that was Thursday and £1 a pint??
Page 17 of 53 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »