register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
craig
Dogsey Junior

02-03-2005, 09:08 PM
i called my dogs blue because he is and just looked like a blue and bell because she is the bell of the ball
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Emma, in this country Milo is a hot malt drink, and delicious!!!

Bruno - I adopted him at the age of almost 3, and he already had the name. We didnt really like it as it means : bear, the brown one. He is black, but his nickname has become bear cos of the way he acts, so it suits him.

Previous dogs:

Kirsty: Staffie, her breeding name was Leandra, and my sister (about 5 at the time), didnt think it was a name for a dog, so Kirsty is was, although it is no more a name for a dog than Leandra is

Scamper: I read one "secret seven" novel and they had a spaniel named Scamper that used to wait at the bottome of the tree for them, loved the name. But we felt he also needed a "proper" name as Kirsty had one, so his "proper" name was Thumper Scamper

Shinga: There was a documentary about a lioness called Shingalana ... it stuck.

Chevy: My poor little rescue that lasted 2 months due to distemper . When we went to choose a dog at the SPCA, we found her, she was a sweet little black Lab x. As we were driving out there was a big black old Chevrolet (not common in this country at the time) driving past, so Chevy it was.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Sophie came with her name, but we chose Satchmo as it was Louis Armstrong's nickname and we both love jazz. We had a list of 50 names (I kid you not) we'd picked, and we independently whittled it down to 4 that we liked. Satchmo was the one out of the four that we'd both picked. His KC name is Kenyee Master Startrooper, out of Kenyee Shadow Master and Jacawaca Sweet Surrender.

Becs
metalmorphosis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Hoofa was nicknamed this by his "breeders" because he was first out, biggest and greediest! It just stuck

Cleo...I liked the name to begin with, and especially as a young pup she had black round her eyes, like Cleopatra!

For my next dog, I like the name Madison (Maddy) but I don't know if I should pick something else, as I'd quite like this for a future daughter!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Asa....means new start....he was my 'new start' in the show ring....new breed

Kasper.....cos the OH had a sulk and said I never let him name the dogs ....so he chose Kasper

Frankie....cos from the time the litter was a couple of days old his breeder called them 'FRANKINSTEINS MONSTERS'....and Frankie was the worse!!!!!!...and he chose to come home with me
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Ozzy was named after Ozzy Ozbourne Prince of Darkness - we thought it was funny him being a Rottie and all! Anyway, we were pretty hooked on watching 'The Osbournes' series on Sky too so it stuck.

My bitch whom I lost last year was called Brandy, named after the place we got her from it was Brandy Wharf in NE Lincolnshire.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 07:53 PM
bRUNO - he was a rescue so we didnt change it - although he gets called many other names - Rocco, Brunazzi(hubby thinks this is funny - I am italian and he calls him brunazzi the italian prince!!!) and he gets called piglet too !!

- I call him various names ( poor wee lamb ) but he doesnt answer to any of them anyway Not even BRUNO ...LOL

funny thing is I wasnt overly fond of the name Bruno - but it actually quite suits him now.

If we got another - for a girl I like Quill, Betty or Kyara.

My nonna used to have an alsation called Zephyr (after the car)
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
Originally Posted by kirkham
I gave Brodie her name for a few reasons. I used to love the programme 'The prime of Miss Jean Brodie', loved her accent. I come from Manchester originally and love the northern accents. I now live in Northumberland where the Geordies are and it sounds lovely when they say her name. Although it does sometimes sound like Broody.
Also we went to a lovely village in Scotland called Brodie to visit family that has nice memories for me.
My yoga teacher's surname is Broady and I love her, so it just had to be Brodie!
He he Brodie is an old Scots name I think or is it Irish?. My nephew is called Brody (pronounced the same as Brodie)...
I do believe Brodie is a true Scottish name I dont know about Irish?
Gwynsel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Pebbles my 10 yr old staffy bitch was named after the flinstones cartoon characters daughter and i had a pebbles doll when i was a little girl who i loved :smt049 I started giving my dogs welsh names. I now have a Gwladys, Iolo, and a Blodwyn.
SheWolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Mischa, well...it's a russian name for "bear" or "little bear" and we thought it suited her well.....

Mollie on the other hand...um... it's not original but it's cute so..
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >