Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

25-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
kcjack

Im not too sure what your grind is?
Everytime i come on here you seem to be having an argument with someone or having a go at someone?

I also work in rescue - id like to let everyone know that your manner does give us all a bad name, and that you are an anomaly, as most of us are polite.

Unfortunately, mud sticks, and if you don't remember it is the general public that keeps rescues going and provides homes, which means endeavouring to employ some good public relations skills, then you are risking the welfare of the animals we care for.
That works both unfortunately for the rescue that was named. If people presume that KC is not a good person to deal with then the mud will also stick to the rescue - hence it should not of been bought into this thread at all.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
That works both unfortunately for the rescue that was named. If people presume that KC is not a good person to deal with then the mud will also stick to the rescue - hence it should not of been bought into this thread at all.
I do see what your saying, now that I have given it some thought, but assuming that the rescue are happy with kcjacks work, then I dont see a problem,

though I do understand what your saying,

I would hope people would still offer the dogs a good home,
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I had trouble finding a rescue that would consider me because Beau is intact. In fairness though I only contacted 2 of them so the others may have been more leanient (sp......its been a long two days). Heartbrakingly, the dog I fell for is still in the rescue

Luckily the 2nd one I contacted looked at every case individually and we ended up with Lula. So contacting them is always a good idea
spot
Dogsey Veteran

25-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I dont see where I have started on a rescue

Kc has asked me on another thread to disclose my involment with rescue, asked for specific details, which I was happy to give,

I didnt know that there would be any problem with talking frankly on both sides about what rescues we help.

I assume kc, does a sterling job for the rescue she works with so cant see where I am harming dogs who need homes
Shona come on dont play the innocent - you knew what you were doing and quite frankly it was 'badly done' in the words of one of my fav authors (see I can read even if I cant spell )
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Shona come on dont play the innocent - you knew what you were doing and quite frankly it was 'badly done' in the words of one of my fav authors (see I can read even if I cant spell )
I think many things were badly done today...
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Or maybe the fact that KCjack actively tells people she is involved in rescue, should behave in a more professional and responsible way to avoid giving the rescue she more or less represents a bad name. Mud does stick so she should think of this before posting without giving a second thought for her rescues reputation.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

25-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
Or maybe the fact that KCjack actively tells people she is involved in rescue, should behave in a more professional and responsible way to avoid giving the rescue she more or less represents a bad name. Mud does stick so she should think of this before posting without giving a second thought for her rescues reputation.
KC has always said when she posts on here she does not represent the rescue - hence she very rarely mentions them by name!

This thread is about any rescue btw not just one or one persons involvement in it.

As Shona has said she sees where Im coming from - personal differences should not involve other organisations.

And back on topic - rescues have different policies so its best to actually ask them.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Brundog;1717789]Hi
speaking personally as a homechecker, I would home a speyed or neutured dog to you, providing you passed your homecheck and a suitable dog was available. I go by gut a lot of the time so if I walked in/out your house with a good feeling then I usually run with that. [QUOTE]

I agree completely. I do homechecks for alocal dog charity and so long as the home is suitable, there's enough space for the number of animals to be kept and you could show that you can give the necessary time and attention to a rescue dog, I don't see why not.

Some rescues do use blanket policies and don't always view each application on it's merits. It's a shame because htere are so many peopl eout there who have lovely homes for dogs and are refused. At the same time, homechefckers have to weed out the crappy homes and the people who have no idea how to look after a dog.

In my experience, many rescues will neuter/spay a dog before it's rehomed in which case there's no issue with your dog being entire. Others ptu conditions of rehoming on the contract stating that the dog must be spayed or neutered asap.

There are lots of things to look at but it's mainly on common sense. I don't see why you having big or entire dogs, or breeding them should make a difference.

Personaly, I have never failed a homecheck. But I have been refused a dog on the basis that "it's not the right time"!. NOw if that isn't a vague and non-descript excuse then what is??!!

Good luck.

Laura xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Personally Shona I think you'd be the perfect candidate for a rescue (cos you're mad, no other reason! ). That said I do think the majority of rescue places would reject you. When we rehomed Woody (Dogs Trust, 2000) we were expected to attend a "seminar" and it was made clear no dog would go to a home with resident intact dogs, be it male or female.

If I was you I'd go for one of the local rescues, they're usually much more flexible and much to the dogs benefit if done correctly IMO.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 01:25 AM
You would probably get a spayed/ castrated dog from the rescue we volunteer for but as its gundogs only doubt it would help you much.
I think you should ring round, your vets should have a rescue book with all the reputable rescues in there.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >