Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Scary Sharks

I'm about to post a photo of a shark, I'm terrified of them and upon reading the news the other day, like a fool I got carried away and did more and more searching then came across this picture. It turned me cold and I wanted to tell you all about it but just couldn't bring myself to go back and copy it.

Well, I've had a digestive biscuit with a cuppa (for courage of course) and here it is, those of a nervous disposition please get someone to describe it for you before you look:

Isn't it just awful? I have nightmares about something like that coming out of the water at me (I'm scared of water and this is probably the reason). Yes, I do watch the Jaws films, but through my fingers as it looks further away then
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I love sharks, when I did my scuba diving training in Cornwall I was told that I wouldn't be swimming with a shark on my first dive, oh were they wrong, there lying on the bottom was a small dogfish which I rather stupidly promptly picked up, amazing creatures.
Check out this for a truely amazing shark picture!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I love sharks, when I did my scuba diving training in Cornwall I was told that I wouldn't be swimming with a shark on my first dive, oh were they wrong, there lying on the bottom was a small dogfish which I rather stupidly promptly picked up, amazing creatures.
Check out this for a truely amazing shark picture!
Becky
Before I look, is it going to be scary?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:30 AM
No teeth, or blood or anything just a shark leaping from the water although it does have a sealion in it's mouth which you can hardly see!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Wow, I can see why you would love them when you see them all sleek like that, its that mouth end that scares me, and those empty black eyes
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:37 AM
It's a pretty amazing picture isn't it. Just shows that they are supremely adapted to their life as one of the top ocean predators! I think they're beautiful creatures.
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:39 AM
wow brill picture xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I must just add that, as thrilled as I am with Becky's camera, I did not venture out with it to The Wash this morning and take that shot
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 11:03 AM
LOL!
Becky
spot
Dogsey Veteran

04-08-2007, 11:14 AM
:smt021 Mr ruddy Spielberg ! Sharks are amazing creatures, have dived with hammerheads, reefs, bulls and many more its a privilege to be in the water with them and they really are more frightened of you! honest!

and baby ones are cute!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ODg_jveAo
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >