Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Hello all

Nippy I can sympathise, I've been doing the same. Waking about 11am, going to sleep about 3pm for a couple of hours. Today was more worrying, woke about an hour ago, went through to the kitchen and had to sit down, was feeling very faint. Went through again about 10 minutes ago, same thing happened. Weird.

So today I have done nothing except start packing, put washing away, and sleep. Definitely planning ironing tonight and starting on TMA 5.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Cheese and apple go very well together
Another pal of mine said that they were a 'combo'. I agree - raw apple and cheese go well together.

Iceland sugary apple sponge (apple puree stuff) and tinned squidgy macaroni cheese are not a combo anywhere!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Another pal of mine said that they were a 'combo'. I agree - raw apple and cheese go well together.

Iceland sugary apple sponge (apple puree stuff) and tinned squidgy macaroni cheese are not a combo anywhere!
Oh dear I would cry too
I've still got some apple crumble left from the party if you would like some, with loverly Devonshire clotted cream.

Good news my friend is off the life support machine and holding her own on just oxygen.
Not sure how I feel about this really, whatever way you look, she still has terminal cancer
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
It's ok I have found Helena' site so I can sort things from there thank you all. I definitely will be looking to go down there with a doggie friend.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Can I join the 'sleeping sickness club' that some of you seem to have formed? I've never been this tired before! Been dossing on daybed with muttley dozing on and off and don't feel any sprightlier for it. Just had some soup and will laze around now until I take her out again in about half an hour. I've got the aircon on now in case it is the humidity sapping my energy but I suspect it is a combination of a lot of backlog of stuff I don't want to do and a bit of an unsatisfactory morning out in the heat.

So - from memory.

Thanks for all the positive fb on the dress I will definitely get it - Jen says you can order online and collect in store but she's going to see if it's there on her way home first.

LuckyStar
Sorry to hear about Loki.

Rosebud
I love prunes - dried, tinned (preferably without macaroni cheese) I don't think it's true that they make you 'go' tho. I think generally eating lots of fruit helps keep you regular.

Jenny.g
Not so sure about 'great minds' more like our two minds coming somewhere near making one average mind lol! Oh that poor woman sounded so worried about her little dog tho.

Malka
- if that food faux pas didn't make you laugh I must try harder (makes mental note to wear specs when doing the food thing) to all those who tho't I could try and eat it anyway - you are all stark raving mad - certifiable.

Lynn
Hope Dillon's foot is OK. When Bella broke her funny little withered one on her back paw the vet did not remove it - he cut it right back. However she had her foot in her gob permanently after that and I think she removed it herself. It took AGES to grow back and has grown back just as skinny and straight like it was before. Poor little deformed Bella with her tail chopped, her odd number of nipples and her withered claw! Who'd have her if I didn't lol!

Helena
I suppose I've missed an update but ... your OH so often reminds me of my last one. Was always going to be happy 'if only' or when he got (insert latest ambition here) never satisfied with where we are 'right now' and a hopeless businessman - took us to the brink of bankruptcy more than once and it was ME that always had to talk to the banks and the accountants and balance the books. Some people want to be self employed because they don't have the sort of 'personality' to work for someone else - not because they are brilliant entrepreneurs. As for not telling you 'about whatever' mine would say 'well I didn't say anything to you because I knew what your reaction would be'. LOL! Translates to it was a really stupid idea and anyone but him would be able to see that - so - don't tell anyone - do it anyway and then moan endlessly afterwards when it goes tits up! i'm glad you've got other stuff to keep you occupied.

To be cont'd Jen's on Skype ....

Helena I've tried my hardest to understand what you were on about regarding your haircut. Nope - can't make hear nor tail of it! Purple hair? Is this punky funky purple or is this elegant older lady purple rinse?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2013, 06:09 PM
June - at my age I have probably made more bloopers than the rest of Dogsey put together!

Jenny - I know what you mean about feeling unsure about your friend. Yes of course it is good news that she is off life support, but as you say, being terminal...

Pat - moi? Laugh at your food faux pas? Would I do such a thing?

As for wearing specs when "doing the food thing" - I have a separate pair of my computer, ie arms' length distance, specs in the kitchen for all food prep and cooking. And a magnifying glass in case I need to read food labels. But then again I have magnifying glasses everywhere because print gets smaller and smaller and even smaller than that [but the format here does not get any smaller so I cannot demonstrate, can I.

- Just had to give Pereg a calming pill as she started pacing and nagging and would not stop. Strange because yesterday evening she was fine - but then again she did have a really bad night afterwards - or rather I did because she just could not settle.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Evening all, just finished reading through the thread.....and Nippy, there is nothing wrong, you are just turning into a pensioner like the rest of us Seriously though, it is probably mostly due to the emotional strain that you have been under lately. Not sure whether to say it's good news about your friend coming off life support

H old bean, just when you think you are getting somewhere with Dave he knocks you back again with a major downer. There is nothing more you can do as far as I can see, so just enjoy your Dave-free days and hope that next weekend will be better. It must be so draining for you though.

LS, I am so sorry that Loki had another fit and have everything crossed that that was the last one for a while.

Lynn, with luck Dillon will have sorted that dew claw out by morning. All that will be required is a quick check, and then you will have to lug him with you on those viewings!

Tang, a dress that you had your eye on is in the sale? Get it woman!! It looks really nice.

Cannot remember any more now, so apologies for not commenting on everyone - I do nod my head wisely from time to time when reading through though!!

Nice long walk today as it was much cooler, but nothing much else has happened really. Exciting life eh
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Bitkin
Any day that you've managed to fit a nice walk into is not a wasted day IMHO! It's what stops me thinking I waste half my life away!

Am not just Soooo tired now I actually feel a bit achey all over. I might even run a tepid bath (if the water will get tepid) and go and loll about in it.

Dress is ordered and Jen will collect from store in Reading on Wed. I've remembered I bought a really nice black crocheted short sleeve bolero that I left in the UK - when I tried this dress on here it looked great with a shorty black jacket so I am hoping the bolero will look nice with it too. Just in case 26th July is not a heatwave day!

Dropped in at my lovely vet earlier. Bella is booked in for 11.30 tomorrow for boosters prior to her boarding on 21st. Am going to make another thread about kennel cough jab (mindful of not putting EVERYTHING in here)

Am watching ELVIS ON TOUR on Turner Classic Movies!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Evening all,

Nippy - That has to be good news about your friend as they whole family need the time to come to terms with her cancer and to be able to say their good-byes properly. Desperately, desperately sad but if that was me on the life-support machine, I'd want whatever extra time was made available to me. I hope you are feeling better soon and can recharge your batteries after your really busy period.

June - Like you I love wild-life but in the right environment. We've had a number of 'death by fox' on this stretch of road alone. One elderly cat, and one kitten (both were found decapitated), 4 chickens, one pet rabbit and two guinea pigs. It makes me so mad. I've just been looking if there is a way of getting rid of them. Apparently they can be shot by either a shot-gun at close quarters or a rifle but I personally couldn't do it and don't know of anyone with guns. I do feel desperately sorry for the farmers. As you say who knows what has to happen before something is done about the urban fox population.

Hi Sally, not much cop getting older is it Yesterday was too hot for me and the dogs in the afternoon so it was lovely getting out today in the cooler weather. weather.

Twice today I've had to wash Flash's trousers and tail and I'm fairly sure its 'cos he keeps eating disgusting things off the ground that aren't strictly classed as dog food I've just given him half a Canikur tablet so hopefully that will do the trick as I don't want ANY excuse for my boys to wake up during the night. At 9 tonight that 'Long Lost Family' programme is on (ITV) which I love ...... it always makes me cry but with happiness for the people searching.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Evening all,

Nippy - That has to be good news about your friend as they whole family need the time to come to terms with her cancer and to be able to say their good-byes properly. Desperately, desperately sad but if that was me on the life-support machine, I'd want whatever extra time was made available to me. I hope you are feeling better soon and can recharge your batteries after your really busy period.

June - Like you I love wild-life but in the right environment. We've had a number of 'death by fox' on this stretch of road alone. One elderly cat, and one kitten (both were found decapitated), 4 chickens, one pet rabbit and two guinea pigs. It makes me so mad. I've just been looking if there is a way of getting rid of them. Apparently they can be shot by either a shot-gun at close quarters or a rifle but I personally couldn't do it and don't know of anyone with guns. I do feel desperately sorry for the farmers. As you say who knows what has to happen before something is done about the urban fox population.

Hi Sally, not much cop getting older is it Yesterday was too hot for me and the dogs in the afternoon so it was lovely getting out today in the cooler weather. weather.

Twice today I've had to wash Flash's trousers and tail and I'm fairly sure its 'cos he keeps eating disgusting things off the ground that aren't strictly classed as dog food I've just given him half a Canikur tablet so hopefully that will do the trick as I don't want ANY excuse for my boys to wake up during the night. At 9 tonight that 'Long Lost Family' programme is on (ITV) which I love ...... it always makes me cry but with happiness for the people searching.
I would love to be able to watch Long Lost Family on telly tonight. Sounds just right.
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >