Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Thanks Lozzibear now I want to
A phone call to the vet won't hurt,it will help ease your mind if you are stressing about it, it is good to rule a few basic things out, ie worming and food changes, stress due to new environment, but as others have said it could be more complex than that.
haha, sorry emma imagine my face as it happened! i was disgusted and panicked at the same time! but i put it in a bag to show my dad, so we could find out what kind it was
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
haha, sorry emma imagine my face as it happened! i was disgusted and panicked at the same time! but i put it in a bag to show my dad, so we could find out what kind it was
Seriously stop you are just giving more details I didn't want to know
It was a worm did you have to put it in a bag and share the love with your dad
sorry but I keep laughing now as it is just a movie in my head that looks so wrong
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Seriously stop you are just giving more details I didn't want to know
It was a worm did you have to put it in a bag and share the love with your dad
sorry but I keep laughing now as it is just a movie in my head that looks so wrong
lol i had to put it in a bag so i could check what kind it was, round worm if your interested

i can give you more details if you want add to the movie
Vics
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for all your replies!!!

Beau's poo is now completely back to normal. He only had the mucus for about 2 days so I'm thinking it was either the stress of leaving his mum, OR something he'd eaten in the garden that he shouldn't!!!

We have the vets on Saturday for his 2nd jabs and worming so I will mention it but he's been fine since.

Just wish we could stop him eating stuff now! He likes stones, dead leaves, slugs & worms, tea bags, rose petals, plastic....he even poo'd out a big carpet staple the other day Thank god he was ok!! I wouldn't care but the ONLY bit of carpet he can get to is the very bottom step in the living room and he's barely even allowed in there, never mind unsupervised! I feel I have to watch him like a hawk I'm surprised he doesn't poison himself, of give himself a stomach ache at the very least, but it never seems to bother him. He's always ready for his food
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 11:11 AM
That is good news, yeap just mention it to your vet and maybe worm him, if your vet says it could be worth it.
I just saw that he is a beagle, they do seem to eat anything, you need to be so careful, my sister has two and they have had to have surgery a few times as they have eaten plastic and it got stuck a staple you may have been lucky that came out without any damage
Hedley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Our pup has had this a few times in the past few weeks. He has seen the vet twice. The first time he gave canikur which is a prebiotic or something, and we changed food. No better. We went on chicken and rice and it was even worse. We saw another vet and he got me to increase the dose of the wormer and give it for 3 consecutive days to get rid of worms and other like giardia. I did this yesterday and also started him on Chappie food which is good for tummy upsets. Result, his poos are now firm and brown and he is a lot better. He was previously on dried food, breeder sent him with pets at home puppy, I changed it to James Wellbeloved this didnt work. The Chappie is tinned and Im very slowly adding James Wellbeloved dry.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2