Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-09-2011, 09:49 PM

Pereg does not want to eat

She had her meds this morning [Pb and SAMe]. Had 100gm of 0%fat bio yoghurt maybe two hours later with her Milk Thistle and Taurine mixed in.

But has not wanted any food today. She had her evening Pb wrapped in a tiny piece of cheese, as her morning Pb and SAMe are, but that is all.

She has been very lethargic all day. Not herself. I am beginning to get really worried now as I really do not think it is due to her medication.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
She had her meds this morning [Pb and SAMe]. Had 100gm of 0%fat bio yoghurt maybe two hours later with her Milk Thistle and Taurine mixed in.

But has not wanted any food today. She had her evening Pb wrapped in a tiny piece of cheese, as her morning Pb and SAMe are, but that is all.

She has been very lethargic all day. Not herself. I am beginning to get really worried now as I really do not think it is due to her medication.
With the episode and extra meds yesterday, I wouldn't worry too much today. Her system needs some time to adjust to the turmoil and, hopefully, you will see improvement tomorrow (fingers crossed).

If not, then a chat to the vet is in order, but it's amazing just how much difference a day can make
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Thinking of you both xx
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Am to thinking of you both, I hope Pereg feels better soon xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Hope Pereg is a little more normal today hon xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Hope she is feeling better soon, what a worry for you xxx
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Have you checked her mouth Malka? She could have bitten her tongue or broken a tooth or something that's causing her pain.

As for being lethargic, well if the seizure was worse than usual or she had more than one that wouldn't surprise me. Day or two after a big seizure for me consists of barely moving and barely speaking coz quite frankly it's too much bloody effort

I hope Pereg is back to her usual self soon.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Hope she is feeling better very soon.

Hugs
Irena xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Daft dog [said in a nice way]. Seizure was not bad compared with some others, and post-ictal also not so bad, so the not wanting food is is just not Pereg and worrying.

Yes, Sarah, she does sometimes bite her tongue during clonic but it normally does not stop her wanting food, and her teeth look fine. She has also bitten her lip during a seizure, which I understand is quite normal. Does not bother her though.

I managed to convince her to go out a few times, but then she just found a spot in the weeds and flonked down, and only came in when I insisted, then she took herself off to bed [my bed] early and slept soundly all night.

This morning I gave her her Pb and SAMe as usual, then a bit later a raw egg with Milk Thistle and Taurine. Dish licked clean - but she has not asked for the usual chicken wing following that - it is as if food has gone out of her mind.

Pereg needs to lose a couple of kilos, but something is not right. I cannot explain it but it is as if the part of her brain that thinks Hunger, Food, Want - has sort of switched off. I spoke with Ram earlier and he said not to worry and that she will ask for food when she is hungry and as long as she takes her medication it is OK but how can I not worry?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Of course you are going to worry, nobody could expect anything else. However, it is entirely possible your vet is right, and she will eat when she is ready.

I really hope she will be okay Malka. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >