Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Thought it would be intresting to see what people on the forums encounters with rottweilers has been like,
so have you had good experiances with them,, bad or both, x
Pleased to say all good here too. One of the few dogs Cassie bothered to play with was a massive Rottie pup who was gorgeous and they had a huge run around on the beach.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 07:21 PM
We have a girl in our village who has three, they are the biggest softest lumps I have ever met, everytime I meet her I get kisses and cuddles from all of them....I have never met a bad Rotty...!
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Both,we live at bottom of culdesac,and theres a man,with a young bitch,who he has let have too much freedom,she now lunges,barks,flings herself upon anything that moves,and her nails are really,really long and pointy,the scratches I have on me from her are awful,one needed stitches,even though shes normally on a lead,he apparantlly cannot hold her,and she drags him to where she wants to go,then when she finally gets off lead she goes berserk,running and barking and attacking anything and everything,she is an incident waiting to happen,and she seems to be getting more powerful,braver over the past few weeks,he has been told by police to keep her under better control,but nothing seems to sink in with this man,sadly,then theres the other three individuals who are all superb,real ambassadors for the breed,good steady dogs,calm when meeting people,and other dogs,can walk round the park with them without one incident,everyone stops to say hello to them,pet them,give them treats,whereas when the first one I spoke about enters park everyone grabs their dogs,kids,bikes and leaves,
Wendy
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I have only met two, Guinness was a dog aggressive Rottie that I used to meet when I had my Belgian Shepherd Ellie, who was equally dog aggressive due to being attacked by German Shepherds when she was young. Anyway both myself and Guinness dad were always pleased to see each other as Guinness and Ellie used to played chase for ages and really enjoyed being together - amazing really because I only knew one other dog Ellie would just tolerate. They just seemed to hit it off from day one. He was fantastic with people and children. The other Rottie was my Aunt's and she was a big soppy lump.
jorjamae1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2008, 09:07 AM
well i had 3 rottie encounters when i was a child, my aunts rottie used to growl at me and put her hackles up so i never went near her, (my aunt didn't really do much with her so i think that was the problem) Then a little while later my dad ran his own business and he had this guy working for him, he had 2 rotties and he said that they were really soppy, he kept them in this big dog run and if hagar got out he chased me and tried to corner me. Luckily i haven't turned into one of these rottie hateing crazed lunatics, i still like rotties, but i think i'm gonna still stick to my huskies,
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 10:48 AM
i've only ever met 1 rottie, and she was beautiful,calm and very friendly.

she also helped with the training of my old dog who was very wary of other dogs.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 11:51 AM
99% good and I've met a lot due to showing.
I have to say I didn't totally realise the publics irrational view of them sometimes, until I walked with my friends to down to the shops. I stayed outside with them, both sitting good as gold. The looks that I got off some people as they came out of the shop, and one woman with her child went totally over the top, telling her son to stay behind her away from the dogs. I didn't realise up til then how completely over the top some people are being about the breed. Finished the walk on a good note though when a mom and her two kids came over and asked to stroke them. They'd previously had a rotti cross and just loved the breed.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I had a really bad experience with a rott yesterday, wouldn't let me off the pan cause he wanted a cuddle, I must've been walking around with a big donut ring on my but for hours lol
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I worked at a boarding kennel for 3 and a half years, and the proprietor showed and bred rotts.. they were marvellous! Lunch time meant rottification - they were so boisterous (in a good way!) and friendly. Having never met a rott before, I felt quite comfortable having eight dogs and bitches milling about in the same room as me.

As boarders there were a couple of not-so-friendly ones, but not really any more than any other breed. I also met a gorgeous one in Leeds with a young lad the other week. I asked if he was friendly before I stroked him, but he was an absolute angel. I have also watched the breed at a few shows and never fail to be impressed with their temperaments.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
all good, met some lovely rotties over the bank holiday weekend at the boxer rescue fun day, one was huge, he was like a bear but such a lovely gentle giant I could have taken him home
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >