View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Never found them a problem, some owners keep their dogs close and you respect that and walk on by, others welcome attention and they get it. Really think the only problem is they are large and powerful but probably not more likely to bite than is a Yorkie.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I have only ever had 1 bad experience with a rottie, My dad used to breed rotties when myself and my sister's were growing up so we were never afraid of them or their size and they were all gorgeous dogs even some of the outside stud dog's he used were stunning in temperament.
The experience was myself and my sister used to walk past a privatly owned alley on the way home from school it was always gated and the lady who owned it had 3 newfoundlands, a collie and a rottie male, we had walked past it for years and as we were young we always used to say hello to all the dogs but never approached the alley as my dad has always told us all dogs can be nasty if protecting its territory.
Well one day while walking past we noticed the alley was open which unnerved us a bit as we had never seen it open before but we kept walking and out of nowhere the rottie n the collie appeared and both just went mental really really mental, what caused it i will never no but they were both severly aggressive i was bitten 5 times and had a lot of stitches but my sister took the worst of it weitha it was because she was smaller than me we will never no but the rottie just went for her and she ended up having over 40 stitches to her face and neck and had mulitiple wounds to her body, I was lucky because the collie went for me so i came away lightly.
The owner saw most of this and did nothing! she later told the police it was because she didn't think it was her dogs and i honestly believe if a neighbour hadn't have come out with a bat my sister wouldn't be with us today, Both dogs were put down and the owner never once admitted fault. I was 12 and my sister was 8 thankfully we are not afraid of dogs but those dogs could have easily killed 2 children smaller than us.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
All good as my brother has one I would trust her with babies and young children before I would trust my own two
spot
Dogsey Veteran

02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Had one try to kill me once!!!

My ex sister had 5 the biggest male came in while I was sitting on the sofa, sat on my lap leaning on my chest and proceeded to lick and slobber all over me.

I nearly died of suffocation cuz I couldnt breath and drowning with all the licking!

All of them were as soft as tripe!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Only ever had one experience with a rottie, and it wasn't good It was superb!

A lock-in in my local pub, rolling on the floor with the landlord's rottie pup, "Bandit". Pup? Small horse, more like!

Snorri
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
All Rotties I have known or know have been big soppy lumps.
So all positive.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 05:29 PM
A neighbour of mine used to have one - named Khan. Every time he saw me (on the estate where I live) he would make a charge. Pat (neighbour) would have to let go of the lead. Khan would reach me and almost bowl me over. Daft as a brush, and I did love him. Sadly, he died of cancer many years ago.......
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I have only met a few and only one was a bit offish, but that was her numpty owners One, a huge boy called Barney was soft as butter and another I met over the fields was wonderful, but sadly we have never met her again... yep all good for me too!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
There is one lives near us, think I posted about him when he was a pup and I first met him, he's huge now, soooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous and i'm still as jealous as the day I first met him as a baby!

He's also the softest, daftest, lump, I just love the boys I do. x
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Only good I am glad to say, 2 off our frends have got girls they are so soppy.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »