View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I've had good and bad experiences - with the same rottie!

there's about four of them round here. Two are really well trained and don't bat an eye lid when Bryan is barking at them. They are really good. I'd love to be able to go up to meet them, but haven't managed so far.

The bad experience, I wrote a thread about ages ago, but that was the owner's fault, not the dog. Another rottie, Bryan used to play with when it was a pup, but now it's bigger t's a bit unpredictable. It's fine with it's with the owner, but when his son is walking it, it gets a bit nasty (once it pinned Bryan when Bryan was on his lead and snapped round his head - Kaiser, the rottie, was with the son. I was shouting 'Come and get your dog!' and the lad didn't even jog over. Just ambled over while I was trying to remove Kaiser from Bryan).

I'd love to meet your rotties though Shona!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I have only met a few, with mixed results. The first was on Storms very first walk, I was walking him to the end of the road when one across the road was snarling and pulling its owner. The next one came shooting out of a garden at Jake growling Storm jumped in between both stood there with mad staring eyes and both backed off, from that day Storm would always keep a really close eye if we ever saw one.

I have met few when in the woods, one is an old fella who doesnt pay much attention to anything, but is friendly enough. One a few years ago, he said hello had a sniff and was off doing his own thing and met another old one who was carrying half a tree is his mouth .I cant forget the the one in the park who stood on a yorkie resulting in the yorking going in a "dog bag"

There is also a couple who we see on the fields whos owners are your chav types, suspect dogs who they insist on letting them run free.

So my opinion based on the ones I have seen is they dont seem to be interested in playing with dogs if they are doing something else, such as tree carrying.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
So my opinion based on the ones I have seen is they dont seem to be interested in playing with dogs if they are doing something else, such as tree carrying.
LOL my staff is like that!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
LOL my staff is like that!
Star my choc is, he is friendly but prefers his own company.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I be perfectly honest I don't think you will ever find a bad Rottie, but that not to say that you won't come across an untrained one.

Around my way excluding Skye there are four other Rotties (3 males and a bitch) and they are all just so playful and friendly.

The thing I find is that I get more funny looks when walking the dobes then I ever do when walking Skye, plus the kids always want to stroke Skye or give her a cuddle.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah, if she's got half a tree in her gob she doesn't care about anything else
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 11:06 AM
We do meet a lot of rottweilers on our daily walks and everyone we have meet have been real nice dogs

We actually meet one yesterday called Bear, who was such a gentle giant
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I have got to say all mine exp with rotties with my boy or just me meeting some have all been good!
They have all been big softys...like big bears!
Hades plays with quite alot when out on walkies...he loves play wresling with big dogs anyway the bigger the better.
He loves small dogs too but cant seem to catch up with them!
I posted a thread with some pic of hades playing with two dogs on walks...one was a rottie boy dale he was and old boy...but plays with hades him like a over sized pup!
He would let hades jump all on his back and just roll over... it was great to watch, when my boy as pup he could get abit full on and get over excited but it never fazed dale the rottie at all, he'd just roll over and let hades think he was winning the play wresing!
Hade loves to think he wins all the time!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Thought it would be intresting to see what people on the forums encounters with rottweilers has been like,
so have you had good experiances with them,, bad or both, x
Touch wood Hun....I have never had a bad experience..........Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why did I tempt fate
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
All good, EXCEPT:

A) Being nearly smufforcated when they sit on my knee

B) At Crufts when one stuck his big fat head in my bag and pulled out a toy and tried to kill it, all in about 5 seconds, lol!

No seriously though I can't think of any bad experiences off hand and i've met a lot of rotties, even chav owners but the dogs have always been ok. Will come back if I remember anything but I don't think so?!
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »