Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 09:35 AM

whats your encounters with rottweilers been like, good or bad or both

Thought it would be intresting to see what people on the forums encounters with rottweilers has been like,
so have you had good experiances with them,, bad or both, x
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 09:43 AM
all good!!!! only one i was wary of but his owner was a real chav!!!
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Pleased to say all good here

Belle plays with one every Sunday at the dog club called Murphy and he just loves everybody and everything, I could quite easily kidnap him
It is a breed I have always liked but will probably never own due to my passion for Basenjis.
Yep I can quite easily say never had a bad experience with the breed.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-06-2008, 09:51 AM
All good.

Except for one who's idiot of an owner used to leave him out in his front garden where there was a fence about 2.5 ft high and the dog jumped this ran accross the road, straight in front of a bus which fortunately was going slow as has just pulled away from the bus stop and the driver braked and the dog came on over the road and went straight for my old girl Ludmilla.

I would say in this case it was the owner and not the dog to blame.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Have to say ALL good.

Just after I had been attacked by my mums dog when young my pal introduced me to his 2 rottweiler Bitches Roxy and Kiera and they were fabulous got me over my fear of going near dogs, also there is a big soft lump of 1 that lives near me with his mum dad and 2 year old and new born baby, he's just a big lump. Plus the one I met on holiday who was a bitch and a huge sook lay in front of the fire watching her owners every move...in case he finished the pork crackling And of Course Kaos and Mea who were gorgeous and great .

So all good here
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Only ever met ultra friendly or not-too-bothered rotties

Absolutely lovely, never met a 'bad' one and never been made to feel uncomfortable in the presence of a rottie.

Think they're a lovely breed and would be fantastic to own one but I simply don't have the strength to control one.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 09:59 AM
well this is starting out more possitive than I had thought it would,,,
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 10:04 AM
I was called to a one to one visit with a rottie once. The only problem he had was he was still quite young and just SO over friendly He didn't have many manners and obviously, being a large dog (though not big for a rottie) he needed to learn some.

Not a nasty bone in his body though, as with all the others I've met.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Year's ago when I was a drinker there was a rottie owned by the pub landords called Beau and at locking up time she would come out and sit with the customer's she was lovely, and the rottie owned by Sheena she was a doll,Taz she was called but then she got pregnant had no-were to live and my dog's kept turning on her, so she had to re-home her but she was lovely, no we have had no bad encounters with rotties, but there is a Numpty that lives up the road has a wicked one, but that isn't the dogs fault he had a EBT to and they are fighters but that is down to they way it was reared, not the Rotties fault.
There are good and bad in every breed and it is humans that cause it.
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I've had mixed experience with rotties, purely due to the fact I worked in a large dog's home where we had large numbers of rotties that had usually been owned by the worst kind of people. Typically large adult, entire males with strong guarding instincts, not helped at all by being kennelled in a high stress environment. One of these big guys was not happy with me, lunged and gave me a grazed cheek. However, he could have done a lot more and the fault was mine.
On the other hand I have met rotties who are among some of the sweetest natured dogs who just loved people and wanted to be loved back.
As with all breeds I think it has all to do with the owners, rather than the dogs themselves. Rotties seem to be victims of the breed's success with the wrong people owning and breeding them.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »