View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Nope same here and I swear it takes longer to get all their leads and collars on than it takes to walk them lol!
Becky
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Mine start going mad 10 mins before I even move toward getting ready to take them out.
I think they have little alarm clocks in thier heads that ring wildly to say walkie time is approaching.
All hell breaks loose when i do actually reach for my shoes or coat.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:23 AM
its so refreshing to hear i'm not alone or that i;m not the only one who;s nerves at times are in shreads before we even get out the door LOL
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2008, 09:51 AM
My two now know that they have to sit quietly for their leads to be put on, and when the door is opened they have to wait to be told "OK" before they can go out.

Our 11 year old who we adopted last year had evidently never had to show any patience when getting ready for a walk as he did the loopy jumping about, mouthing his lead, charging at the door as soon as it was opened thing at first, but quickly realised he wouldn't get to go walkies until he sat calmly. Doubly important now that we have the puppy too as they're big, strong dogs and I can magine me being dragged out of the house on my tummy otherwise. It also means they set off walking with their calm head on (usually! ).

It took many days repetitions of closing the door again, putting him back in a sit when he went for the door as soon as it was opened, opening door again with lots of "waaaaaits". Must have been amusing for the neighbours. The puppy has learned by copying the older one.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2008, 10:10 AM
mine go mental i had to change the times i go cos they whine thinking come on lets go when hubby used to take them first thing theyd go mad then when he had to be at work early all he had to do was put his jumper on and they cry and whine!! when i get the leads all hell breaks loose esp the weim cross who has a very long tail it hits they all in the face knocks the tel off its hook but once the leads are on i have to make them calm down before i head out of the door with 4 mental dogs!
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6