Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 08:21 PM

Faith Healing - Derren Brown

Did anyone watch it?

I found it very informative and insightful..
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes, I knew it was all a con, but it was interesting to see the actual techniques used to convince the gullible.

I think it is dreadful that people make money out of other people's despair, but then those people also have some responsibility...........

Whilst I believe in God, and I go to church, true miracles are far fewer and have to stand up to scrutiny.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 08:45 PM
I was amazed to see how many people had been outed yet they still continued to do the ceremonies - if you can call them that and still make money from it..
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 08:47 PM
My husband watched it and was deeply saddened. Very sad to con people like this in the name of God/faith.

I am a christian and believe people can be healed and miracles do happen, but not on demand and certainly not if you give so much money to x person! They are just exploiting people and it is wrong.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 09:16 PM
It is awful that any kind of healer cons people but Derran Brown doesn't have all the answers.

Healing of any kind is difficult to quantify, sometimes it works because the person is being payed attention and becomes more positive.

Certainly spirit or psychic readings (two different things) can be done with no contact with the sitter so no chance of any clues being given.

There are a lot of con artists in psychic type activities and there are also a lot of wonderful caring and talented people.

Bit like dog training really!

rune