Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Colchester has a great theatre, and a vibrant arts scene.
Brentwood has some wonderful country parks.
Such a shame they`ve just chosen to show the plankers.
Still - could be worse. They could have shown the down-market versions (chavs)
I agree - I don't watch it because there's enough numpties and it's a representation of mine and my OH's generations.. I don't act like they do and as a TV critic said - "It's people acting out their own lives - badly".

But on another note - is it me or is Essex where they film a lot - there's a new thing coming out about the exotic pets in Essex...
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I have a friend who is ex Essex (lucky girl now lives in Scotland). She said from what she had seen of the show it is a pretty true reflection, as you have said.
I love the programme xxxxxxxx
Everywhere has people like this unfortunately not just Essex ! Brentwood and those areas were never like that, i'm talking 10 years ago, chavs are everywhere !!! you'll find a lot of these people aren't from Essex originally anyway, a lot of them are from London or DFL's as we call them here ! (Down From London)
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Everywhere has people like this unfortunately not just Essex ! Brentwood and those areas were never like that, i'm talking 10 years ago, chavs are everywhere !!! you'll find a lot of these people aren't from Essex originally anyway, a lot of them are from London or DFL's as we call them here ! (Down From London)
You are probably right xxxxxxxxxx

They have certainly put Essex on the map though, as the poster above has said, there is an Essex pet programme now and who knows what else is in the pipeline xxxxxxx
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I love it!

My S-I-L both lives and works (Woodford Green and Buckhurst Hill) where they film some of it so she sees a lot of the characters around. Chloe lives in the flat over the shop next door to where S-I-L works so see her quite a lot.

The production company asked my s-i-l's boss if they could film in his shop and he told them where to go.

My niece and her friends saw James at Woodford tube station last week and had their photo taken with him. Everyone round there knows Lydia's mum and have called her the white witch for years.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
I love it!

My S-I-L both lives and works (Woodford Green and Buckhurst Hill) where they film some of it so she sees a lot of the characters around. Chloe lives in the flat over the shop next door to where S-I-L works so see her quite a lot.

The production company asked my s-i-l's boss if they could film in his shop and he told them where to go.

My niece and her friends saw James at Woodford tube station last week and had their photo taken with him. Everyone round there knows Lydia's mum and have called her the white witch for years.
We lived iin Woodford too, I went to school there, and if I remember right it was Redbridge School (I was only about 5 though!) Such a shame we moved darn sarf before I could dance around my handbag in my teens lol!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I've just watched the last week's episode which I recorded on Weds... now is there something wrong with my colour setting on my tv - or was Mark's mum fake tan/foundation/bronzer on her face proper weird with that great big blob on the side of her face

I wanna go Glamping - they really made me laugh
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-04-2011, 09:28 PM
No your telly is fine, unlike her face
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
No your telly is fine, unlike her face
So I don't need to adjust my settings - I bet she was cringing when she saw she's overdone it - it was freaky
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Overdone it do you think so?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I've just watched the last week's episode which I recorded on Weds... now is there something wrong with my colour setting on my tv - or was Mark's mum fake tan/foundation/bronzer on her face proper weird with that great big blob on the side of her face

I wanna go Glamping - they really made me laugh
Yeah, I saw that mark on her face - it reminded me of a rawhide dog chew!!

That glamping episode was so funny - I laughed out loud when I saw Harry in that inflatable chair, must get one of those to take to our caravan
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >