View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Colchester has a great theatre, and a vibrant arts scene.
Brentwood has some wonderful country parks.
Such a shame they`ve just chosen to show the plankers.
Still - could be worse. They could have shown the down-market versions (chavs)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Colchester has a great theatre, and a vibrant arts scene.
Brentwood has some wonderful country parks.
Such a shame they`ve just chosen to show the plankers.
Still - could be worse. They could have shown the down-market versions (chavs)
Not sure if it is still there but Brentwood had a theatre it was on the old site of the Hermit which was our place to hang out when we were teenagers and listen to the local bands.

The parks are great also as C&D pointed out.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
you mean you dont own a shell suit
I only wear it on special occasions
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 07:30 AM
I an an Essex girl and used to frequent Brentwood and surrounding areas when i was younger and it quite considered quite upmarket then, nothing like on this chavvy programme. The Slug and Lettuce in Brentwood High Street was one of the places to be !

I was born and raised in Essex, lived there all my life until 6 years ago, i moved to Kent.

No-one was ever like these characters which is what they are - exaggerated for the programme
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not sure if it is still there but Brentwood had a theatre it was on the old site of the Hermit which was our place to hang out when we were teenagers and listen to the local bands.

The parks are great also as C&D pointed out.
Yes i used to go to the Hermit Club - great ! Thornden Country Park is beautiful an the King Georges Park, used to go there whe we were kids, they have an outside pool there.

Brentwood and Billericay was always quite upmarket when i lived in Essex
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I only wear it on special occasions
Is it pink
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Although not from Essex, I have lived in Essex for a few years!

Unfortunately I live down the road from the chavvy part of town, and from what I have seen from "The only way is Essex" is quite true for this part of where I am!! Especially when your down the road from Uni's too

Does provide a good giggle when I can catch it on tv though!
I have a friend who is ex Essex (lucky girl now lives in Scotland). She said from what she had seen of the show it is a pretty true reflection, as you have said.
I love the programme xxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Well being an Essex girl meself (born in Ilford ) I absolutely love it! I hated it when I watched the first programme though I couldn't make out if they were acting or it was in fact a documentary, and then the other week we watched an omnibus for 2 hours or more and I got totally hooked on it. When is that omnibus version on coz I can tape it lol! I love the "Essex" boys and I love the Police Intercepter boys too which I always watch! Bring it OOOOOOON!

ps. I wouldn't be seen dead in a shell suit though, OR trackies for that matter, I only like the bling (not forgetting those shoes)
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 07:51 PM
To be fair though I live in Chelmsford; The town is now full of pubs and clubs (Dukes/Chicargo's/Edwards etc). There are also two universities in area, and sadly it seem more of the Essex sterotype people are moving into Chelmsford; or certainly more in the last year than there has been there last 5/6 years.

Colchester though is nice. Not a fan of the zoo though! Tiptree is lovely! I have been on some fab walks there, and Tiptree Jam factory is worth a visit! mmmmmm!
Visited Hatfield Forest, up by Stansted Airport which is beautiful and well worth a visit! Which is on the way to Braintree Freeport retail park.
Chelmsford town isn't so nice IMO but on there outskirts is nice- Writtle/Danbury/Sandon/Springfield which all have nice houses and walks.
Ingatestone, Brentwood, Maragretting all have nice walks and parks.
Bad experiences in Romford, although Gidea Park I think is nice area. Waltham Abbey is becoming dodgy- but then Enfield Town which is next door isn't helping and that is becoming rougher.

Most of Essex is lovely but as with any area there are dodgy places.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well being an Essex girl meself (born in Ilford ) I absolutely love it! I hated it when I watched the first programme though I couldn't make out if they were acting or it was in fact a documentary, and then the other week we watched an omnibus for 2 hours or more and I got totally hooked on it. When is that omnibus version on coz I can tape it lol! I love the "Essex" boys and I love the Police Intercepter boys too which I always watch! Bring it OOOOOOON!ps. I wouldn't be seen dead in a shell suit though, OR trackies for that matter, I only like the bling (not forgetting those shoes)
I've been filmed on there before! They film near my house wooo!!!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >