register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: what type of entertainment would you choose?
book 17 62.96%
dvd 4 14.81%
cd 0 0%
console game 3 11.11%
other (please state) 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 03:57 PM

Entertainment wise, which would you rather buy for your enjoyment?

please answer the poll.

which would you choose and why?

im mad for buying books and buy them all the time. i absolutely love reading, buy all sorts of books and really absorb myself into whatever im reading. people comment on how quick i read, because i can get through a good number of books in a week
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
ermm you didnt put Dogsey down I peak on here while I am meant to be doing work, find myself getting little bit bored and am always logged in here to look while doing course work

If I am not doing work and am bored, I'll go for a longer walk with the dogs, be silly in the garden with them..Get the camera out, do some extra grooming.. I do abit of reading mainly articles though, my subject at the min is Genetics.. LOVE IT - gets that brain going!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
please answer the poll.

which would you choose and why?

im mad for buying books and buy them all the time. i absolutely love reading, buy all sorts of books and really absorb myself into whatever im reading. people comment on how quick i read, because i can get through a good number of books in a week

Books for me too ! I love to read , my record was 12 books in two weeks whilst on hols in France ! Perhaps we need a good book thread ! I read quickly too but often read certain books more than once in case I have missed something !
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
ermm you didnt put Dogsey down I peak on here while I am meant to be doing work, find myself getting little bit bored and am always logged in here to look while doing course work

If I am not doing work and am bored, I'll go for a longer walk with the dogs, be silly in the garden with them..Get the camera out, do some extra grooming.. I do abit of reading mainly articles though, my subject at the min is Genetics.. LOVE IT - gets that brain going!
dogsey doesnt count cos you dont buy it i read so many books while i was at college, gentics is interesting, i read more on nutrition, like thinking about food
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
well I clearly didnt read the question properly would be the dogs papers, and mags for me then.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Books for me too ! I love to read , my record was 12 books in two weeks whilst on hols in France ! Perhaps we need a good book thread ! I read quickly too but often read certain books more than once in case I have missed something !
i have books that i can read more than once, loads in fact. just bought the first 3 out of a series and the first 2 out of another one, and just got some on the history of the shire horse as im hoping to get one when i come back from spain
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
well I clearly didnt read the question properly would be the dogs papers, and mags for me then.
i used to buy the dog mags until i got too annoyed with dogs today. will read the papers though.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I chose books as I grew up without a tv and could read before I went to school. I devoured the libraries and used to read the adult section and go through fads; I used to read a great deal of Isaac Asimove in my SF period, then I went on an Agatha Christie, Rex Stout jag, then it was Paul Gallico etc.

One of the reasons I think I have such an extensive vocabulary is because I am extremely widely read and have eclectic taste.

I also have lots of reference books for crosswords and dogs etc and gave away some treasured volumes from when I was a horsewoman.

So books to me can be read again and again, they are portable, they do not need a power source, they can be read aloud to others and convey more detail than any film or tv series.

I read 7 books on my week in Egypt last year, and only took 3 changes of clothes, so could take everything in a carry on bag.

I was lucky enough to pass on my love of books to my daughter and used to love buying books for her even years in advance to ensure she had that foundation.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I love books, and will soon either need to a bigger house, or turn the spare room into a library!

My mum took me to libraries when I was young, but I never go now, as I can't bare to give them back. They are all arranged on my bookshelves (Ikea CD towers are brill as you can adjust the shelves) in genre, then in alphabetical order or author. I am a bit sad about them.

I do also play games, but only on the computer as I have no wish to own a console. There are two coming out soon that I will definitely be getting
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
I love books, and will soon either need to a bigger house, or turn the spare room into a library!

My mum took me to libraries when I was young, but I never go now, as I can't bare to give them back. They are all arranged on my bookshelves (Ikea CD towers are brill as you can adjust the shelves) in genre, then in alphabetical order or author. I am a bit sad about them.

I do also play games, but only on the computer as I have no wish to own a console. There are two coming out soon that I will definitely be getting
i dont like giving them back either and i organise them too i do it with dvds as well

ooh and what games would they be?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >