Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 02:56 PM

Kaspersky Anti-Virus - help needed

I have just ran a full scan on my computer and in protection it says it detected 6 items.

Two have a green tick next to them and say deleted Trojan program backdoor.

The other four have a yellow circle with an explanation mark 3 of which say detected and 1 says not found.

I dont know what I'm supposed to do now, does anyone here know :smt100
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Most of the time kaapersky will delete them for you automaticly.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 07:32 PM
BEst thing would be the Geeks to Go forum where they will be able to help you. They might want a copy/paste of the scan report if thats possible and might also recommend a [ safe ] reliable on-line scan which they will give you a link for.
They were really helpful to me in the past and are trustworthy to offer good advice and to provide safe tried and tested links. They are usually very quick to respond [ literally within minutes depending on whose on-line ].
I always asked, [ in headers ], for Keiths help [ he`s an admin ] and he has always been brill :smt001
If you get responses which seem to technical, just ask for step by step instrucions, they are more than used to it and are very patient

You never know, what you need might be in an existing thread anyway

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php

[ I just had a look there and at the time of me typing this, - 7.30pm - Keith is online at the moment ]
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2006, 01:25 PM
As a side note, it's not healthy to post such reports, as suggested by Patch, on public forums, unless you are 100% certain that they are a trusted source.

Almost all forums take the IP Address of the poster which, to give a common analogy, is akin to being given your street and house number. When you then list the trojans (particuarly backdoor trojans which serve to allow people to use your computer from remote locations) you have to all and sundry (or at least those allowed to view the IP address of your forum account), you then, to use another analogy, tell them where the key to your door is, which doors are unlocked anyway, and which windows are already smashed.

Please be cautious. Smiling faces on a forum do not always equate to good intentions.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
As a side note, it's not healthy to post such reports, as suggested by Patch, on public forums, unless you are 100% certain that they are a trusted source.

Almost all forums take the IP Address of the poster which, to give a common analogy, is akin to being given your street and house number. When you then list the trojans (particuarly backdoor trojans which serve to allow people to use your computer from remote locations) you have to all and sundry (or at least those allowed to view the IP address of your forum account), you then, to use another analogy, tell them where the key to your door is, which doors are unlocked anyway, and which windows are already smashed.

Please be cautious. Smiling faces on a forum do not always equate to good intentions.

I would not have suggested it were it not a trustworthy resource, and I specified who to ask for help rather than ask `just anyone`. Reports can be pm`d rather than put on the main forum there and they have extensive FAQs and threads which often already have the answers people need without ever having to posts themselves.

It was originally recommended to me by a good friend who works in IT and knows the heirachy/admin there very well as being sound and trustworthy.