Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LauraCostello
New Member!
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:04 PM

Calling All Dog Owners!

I dont know how many of you live in London and will have experienced this, but I am trying to bring to the attention of Transport for London a ruling that is in my opinion completely ridiculous. Numerous time I have been told to take my dog upstairs on buses with drivers giving all kinds of reasons from the fact that he will distress passengers right down to the fact that the driver just doesn't want to look at the dog!

Whyd oes a dog being upstairs make any difference? Those of you who are dog ownders will understand that a dog doesn't necessarily function well in an enclosed space. Downstairs the dog is free to sit between the legs of an owner who is standing. Upstairs you are not allowed to stand and therefore the dog has to either sit on you lap, which is not always plausable with a big dog, in the aisle, which is a health and safety hazard, or be squashed between your feet and the seat below.

Please take a look at the petition below and if you agree that a change needs to be made click on the link at the bottom and add your name to the list.

ALSO if anyone has any stories regarding dogs on buses that they woudl like to add to the campaign, please email to myleenefan71@gmail.com as every example will help.

Thanks for your support

x

To: Transport for London

TFL Guidance States that:

" In most cases, drivers should allow a passenger with a small dog to board. If the driver feels that the bus is too busy and the presence of a dog would make some passengers feel upset then they can use their discretion and ensure that the dog is carried upstairs or refuse entry. "

I have a small dog - a Jack Russell. Because of being sent upstairs on buses I have been verbally abused by passengers, my friend has recieved an injury and I was sexually assaulted. All of this because the driver could not bear the sight of the dog downstairs. A small dog who is harmless should be allowed to sit wherever it wants on a bus. Passengers upstairs are often as offended as those downstairs, and there is a lot more room downstairs for a dog to lie and not both anyone. People who are drunk or high on drugs are allowed to sit wherever they want and cause a threat to customers, however a harmless dog is not.

Sign this petition to change the ruling so that dog owners are not penalised on London Transport.

Sign the petition to help us question why a dog being upstairs makes any difference to the passengers?

Sign the petition to get justice for those who have been injured or caused emptional distress unnecessarily all because a bus driver sent them upstairs with their dog.

Sign this petition to make Transport for London acknowledge that they are jeapordising their passengers' safety by asking them to take a dog upstairs, for example, in the middle of the night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...ed.cgi?dog09&1
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 08:20 PM
We don`t have double-deckers in the sticks! Good luck with your battle though.