View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:51 PM
ahhhhhhh thanks ann maire!!the colour thing is a good idea, i always worry how they will tell the difference!!

ill just have to wait nearer the time, i have enquired about a few waiting lists but until we have moved its just reading up i can do really, and just make sure everything is ready!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Before my boy was born I knew I wanted a boy...so when we went on the list the breeder knew we wanted a boy

There were two in the litter (YAY) so when they were around a wk or so, the breeder told us one was ours from then on we had photo updates every week..(8hr trip so wasn't really feasible to visit lots!) There was a light boy and a dark boy.. and up until 6wks I wanted the light boy.. then I saw the 6wks pic and just fell in love with dark boy..
We visited at 9wks to choose and there was no competition.. the dark boy it was.. and there was no need to put nail varnish on or anything as he was the biggest in the litter!! We picked him up 3wks later..and there was no mistaking him then either..
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 11:32 PM
aww louise!!! very sweet story!

must have been excited seeing him! and 8 hours is a long old way!!!

hopefully mine will be closer....although ive persuaded the boyf to drive at least 4 hours away so far!!!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 02:27 PM
With my last litter I allowed the people who wanted bitches to chose from 3 weeks as no one wanted a bitch for show but the people who wanted a dog had to wait till they were 6 weeks as I wanted one for show hopefully & so did a friend & we feel that 6 weeks is the optimum age for chosing conformation & temperament & also to be certain of whether it is a long coat,so people who wanted dogs had to wait till after 6 weeks to choose.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2