Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Monty's Mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2007, 11:37 AM

Monty been run over

Hi everyone, I'm on here just cause I'm at a loss what to do. Monty was run over this morning, normally he is always on the lead as he gets a scent of a rabbit or bird and he doesn't come back, but because Mike and I were walking him together we decided to let him off the lead whilst we walked around the park. Unfortunately Monty got the scent of a rabbit, run off down the golf course and ended up chasing a bird onto the road. The next thing we knew we had a bang and Monty ran across the road injured. Luckily for us it was a vet who knocked him over so we've been down to the practice and Monty has been given morphine injection, shock injection and an antibiotic. We aren't sure of the extent of his injuries because the vet didn't want to give him a general anisthetic whilst he's in shock. He's now at home lying on his bed, I've turned up the heating and we're just waiting to see what happens. We have to take him back to the vets tomorrow morning. I just can't bear it, I can't explain how much I love our 10 month puppy dog and I'm so scared that he won't make it and that it's really bad.
Please all have a wee thought of him and I really really hope that Monty makes it through and will be chasing empty plant pots around the garden very soon.
Sobbing as I type this, just want him to be okay.
Carol
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Poor you and poor Monty ! What a way to start the Sunday, I hope he makes it, the fact you got immediate vet attention will definately help. I'm sure he'll be sore but hopefully will be fine x

(((((Big hugs))))))
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Oh poor Monty. Hope he recovers ok. I daren't let mine off lead for precisely the same reason!
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh how awful, poor Monty
Hope its not too serious, keeping everything crossed for him
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 11:52 AM
HOpe Monty recovers

But I agree with Vicki.. I coudln't bare this to happen so mine never get off lead (unless it's an enclosed space) it only takes the once..
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-03-2007, 11:55 AM
So very sorry My thoughts are with you and you o/h and poor little Monty Healing vibes and hope he mades a good recovery. What a really terrible thing to happen Comforting cuddles..
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 12:01 PM
poor Monty and poor you.

((((((hugs))))))))))) to you all and a speedy recovery for Monty
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Poor Monty I have everything crossed here X
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2007, 12:17 PM
oh i'm really sorry to hear this! a lot of us leave the dogs off the lead when we're out walking, i know i do! if i'm far away from the road and theres nobody about i often let him run free for 5, just goes to show how easy this can happen hope he gets well soon keep us informed! at least he's a puppy so will have a better chance of recovering quicker. Good luck my thoughts are with u
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Healing wishes to Monty. I hope he recovers quickly.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »