Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Thoughts and prayers for all of you
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Amanda I'm so sorry. Life can be terribly cruel and unfair can't it? I had a work colleague who only lasted 10 weeks from diagnosis to when she died about a month ago. Although it was good for her not to suffer a long lingering illness it didn't give her family enough time to adjust and get themselves ready for her passing. You have been incredibly brave....don't forget to take a little time out for yourself too. Xx
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry you've been told that your Mum may only have days left. I lost Daddy to cancer that took a few months, and then Mum died suddenly, soon after. I would definitely say that a quick death is harder at first, but much, much easier to cope with in the long run.

I remember that rage....I couldn't speak to anyone over the age of 67 without wanting to hit them for a while. This too will pass (although I still want to hit my father-in-law....but that's another story!)

Don't focus too far ahead. Love and cherish your Mum. She'll always be with you, and these last days will be burned on your memory for ever.

Love and strength xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm so sorry, Amanda. Cancer is such a horrible disease.....

You are in my thoughts....

x0x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I thought your mum would like the Hospice once she was there. They are marvelous places and they will never get better care than in a hospice.
I am sorry to hear your latest awful news that your mum may not have long. For her it will be the best thing if its quick and she is not suffering for months, but for you and those left behind it will be hard. Just try to focus on the positive for your mum in her condition.
I am glad they will will let Cain visit. Most hospices do allow pets to visit as long as they know they are coming.
(((hugs))) to you all at this very difficult time.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 01:16 PM
So sorry that all this is happening.
My aunts dad lived in Spain. They had gone to visit him over Christmas and realised he was struggling with his chest. Made him go to hospital and was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer which had already spread to his bones.
They were told he had about 6 months left and came back to the UK making plans to visit him in a month. They'd been back about a week when they had a call to go if they wanted to see him again.
He died a couple of days later and my aunt was totally shocked.
You need to make sure you don't over stretch yourself, harder said than done I know.
Big hugs to all of you x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I am sorry to read this latest update Amanda I have no idea what you are going through, but can only imagine it to be a living nightmare

I do hope you have some precious time with your mum and that she doesn't suffer I wish there was something I could say to make this all better for you, but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and admire you for your bravery x
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that your mum may not have much time left life can so be cruel sometimes. My mum lost both her parents within 8 weeks of one another when she was 25 neither died of cancer but her mum died suddenly and her dad sadly gave up and deterioated (sp) slowly which was much harder to watch. Sadly my uncle my mum's brother died less than 2 weeks ago only 10 weeks after his brother in similar circumstances to her parents which has hit everyone hard and she is struggling to understand why it has happened this way.

I can't imagine what u are going through losing your mum but i'm thinking of you xxx
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I am so sorry that you are going through all this. No-one should have to go through the horrors of cancer, it is so unfair.

Much love coming your way for your mum and for you too xxxx
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks everyone. Sounds like many people have suffered sad losses

Cain just had his visit. We only kept him there about 20 mins as he was finding it a bit stressful as an environment he was whining a bit, yawning, shaking the stress out and licking his lips. I'm sure it's the medical smell, it's exactly how he acts when he enters the vets. But he was very gentle with mum and happy to see her. Mum was upset to see him stressed so told us to take him, I don't think she wanted to say goodbye either. But she had a good few pats and he sat ever so nicely and was surprisingly gentle, I'm proud of him was sad to think it might be the last time they see each other, they do love each other so much

On a more positive note, my mum was very involved in a dance school. The instructor came to visit today and they've just had their dance show. They raised £15,000 for MacMillan nurses because of mum
Page 9 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »