View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Woody will be fine, don't worry. It's simple op and they bounce back super quick. The only hard bit is ten days on the lead!
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 10:54 AM
He'll be fine pidge, back to the bouncy happy woody in no time. Dogs recover remarkably quickly, by the next day he will be pretty much back to normal.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
He'll be fine pidge, back to the bouncy happy woody in no time. Dogs recover remarkably quickly, by the next day he will be pretty much back to normal.
Hahaha, that's what I'm worried about!! He is literally ''horrid'' right now, really horrid. It's like he's 12 weeks old all over again and we never trained him. Grrrrrr, I HATE adolescence!
Kirstaroo
New Member!
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Jake had his 'little op' in January and I was a nervous wreck about it from booking it until I brought him home!! I had to go out when he was in the vets just to keep my mind off it all!
He was fine when he came out other than being really sleepy. He soon let me know he was hungry! But I did find he wouldn't settle down like he usually would. I think he felt different! He kept walking from room to room so in the end I picked him up (he's not quite as big as your woody!!) and he slept on my lap all afternoon and was really clingy!! Next day he was bouncing around like nothing had happened.
He was so much quieter and calmer afterwards! So glad he had it done!! I'm sure you'll be glad after it's all over. Doesn't stop the worrying though!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
From what you've said, sounds like he's an ideal candidate for Castration, even if it is a little younger than some decide to have it done. There is no doubt that you are doing your best for Woody, as always

When I had my old Yorkie "done" years ago, he was fine. It is a simple op compared to spaying. Your main problem will be containing his enthusiasm once he feels like running around whilst his stitches are new.

You'd better get plenty of treats in for Woody for Monday as, being a man, he'll be feeling very sorry for himself

Good luck Woody, you handsome little chap We'll still love you when you are plumless
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Hahaha, thanks guys.

I'm like an expectant Mother, planning and preparing for it. I've been to the farm shop and bought lots of his favourite 'hooves', he has treats and biccies and I've found a great walk for us all on Sunday where he can get really muddy and do lots of swimming, then I'm going to give him a nice bath that night and a special dinner. On Monday I'm going to wash his bedding (is that a good idea, or will he prefer the familiar smell?) and be on here all day trying not to throw up with worry.

Please be on here on Monday everyone and help me through it.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Your not bad, I had Milo done at 6 months old. He had been cocking his leg full time from 4 months old and his training at classes had gone out the window as he only had lady dogs on his mind and was convinced they all needed him and wanted his babies. Best thing I could have done I tell you as he has grown into a lovely boy with a delightful nature.
The only big problem you will have is trying to keep him quiet. Everydog i have ever had done has come home full of beans as if they have had no anesthetic at all.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Never had a male dog but I saw a castration being done once when I was at the vets . If I had a male dog now I really wouldn't be too worried , it's very simple and very quick , I'm sure Woody will be fine
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I remember when my parents got our boy Beagle, Jackson done. He came home all woozy and walked straight into the banister!

He then lay down on a cushion and stared at us all for hours with a look of disgust and wonderment that we would do such a thing to him.

Ever since then he's been a complete wuss and we think he's gay. ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Fernsmum, I've seen the procedure in a book. Makes me feel quite nauseas! Poor chap, thank God he doesn't know.

I know he'll be a Magpye described Kismet, wondering off on the day with his tail wagging with no clue of what is about to happen.

I may cry, but I'll try and wait until I'm back in the car. It'll be the first time in 5 months that I've been without him ;o(
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >