View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear this, Jackie! But so pleased it wasn't half as bad this time! Sounds like the meds are working. Hope you have a quiet night tonight. Hugs to Cassie.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thank you - and I am SO pleased that Cassie has had a peaceful night. Here's to more of them, eh?
x
]

Thanks LS, absolutely xx

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Sorry to hear this, Jackie! But so pleased it wasn't half as bad this time! Sounds like the meds are working. Hope you have a quiet night tonight. Hugs to Cassie.
Thanks Nicola.

Fortunately she had another peaceful night and is full of beans this morning
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
]

Thanks LS, absolutely xx

Thanks Nicola.

Fortunately she had another peaceful night and is full of beans this morning
Brilliant news!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Brilliant news!
Thanks LS. We've just been on a long walk and she's knackered and out cold on her pillow. Tail was wagging the whole way!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday, hope she is OK now and maybe a very slightly stronger dose is needed, I've no idea really but the fact it wasn't as severe as previously seems to indicate you've nearly got the right dosage now. I hope so anyway.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

28-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Oh I am so sorry but I have just found this thread!! I do hope Cassie is over the latest fits and is back to her normal self again. I have rectal diazepam for Loki but last time she fitted I didn't think they worked very well! The PDSA hospital gave her diazepam orally and it knocked her out!! The vet never gave her any nor gave me any for Loki.

I hope and pray that Cassie's fits will be brought under control. After the blood tests the vet will know the correct amount of meds to give her.

Big hugs to Cassie from me and lots of Doggy licks from Loki.

Again, my apologies for missing this. I haven't been on much lately - busy!!

Take care and hope you are hail and hearty. xxxx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Good news on the peaceful night.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Just checking in on my cybergal, that she had a good peaceful night.xxxxxxx More gentle hugs, let's just hope it stays this way too now Jackie.xxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday, hope she is OK now and maybe a very slightly stronger dose is needed, I've no idea really but the fact it wasn't as severe as previously seems to indicate you've nearly got the right dosage now. I hope so anyway.
Thanks Harvey, she's doing fine now. The new meds from January can take 3 months to get to full strength so it could be we're not quite there yet. She has blood tests in 2 weeks so that will tell the levels of meds in her bloods and we'll know better then what to do. xx

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Oh I am so sorry but I have just found this thread!! I do hope Cassie is over the latest fits and is back to her normal self again. I have rectal diazepam for Loki but last time she fitted I didn't think they worked very well! The PDSA hospital gave her diazepam orally and it knocked her out!! The vet never gave her any nor gave me any for Loki.

I hope and pray that Cassie's fits will be brought under control. After the blood tests the vet will know the correct amount of meds to give her.

Big hugs to Cassie from me and lots of Doggy licks from Loki.

Again, my apologies for missing this. I haven't been on much lately - busy!!

Take care and hope you are hail and hearty. xxxx
Thanks for that. She's absolutely fine today. The oral Diazepam works really well in my mind. We've never had to use the rectal yet. Our vet gave us a supply of the oral so we always have it on hand. It does really wipe her out but I think it helps because it makes her rest too. Just have to see what the bloods show in a couple of weeks and go from there.

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Good news on the peaceful night.
Thanks Nicola

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Just checking in on my cybergal, that she had a good peaceful night.xxxxxxx More gentle hugs, let's just hope it stays this way too now Jackie.xxxx
Thank you Auntie Aitch. She's curled up beside me sound asleep. She had a good long walk out along the bridleway this morning so she'll only get a gentle one this afternoon. Gentle hugs delivered. xxxxx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Glad it wasn't too bad, my friend has just lost her 2 year old Irish Setter to Epilepsy, he went into fit after fit & the vet couldn't stop or even control them

Have you send DNA samples off to the AHT ? They are doing research into Epilepsy in BC's If you look here Animal Health Trust the testing process is explained-it doesn't matter whether your dog is KC reg or not, BC or WSD, this initial research is for the marker gene & needs affected dogs diagnosed with epilepsy & older related unaffected dogs
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >