Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tonyc
New Member!
Male 

17-08-2008, 11:56 AM

Slovakian Rough haired Pointer ...... may need a home :(

Hi there

We rescued a Slovac just over a year ago from a bad home and he has grown up to be a fine young man He is full pedigree but the previous scumbag wont let us have his papers so we dont have them. He is about 20 mths now and he is house trained and very good around the house although he does get a little bouncy when meeting new people !!! He loves his cuddles and will sit with his head on your lap all day if he could !!!! He can be left alone for short periods with no problems and he loves his food !!!!

Up until recently we had a huge three bed house with massive gardens and he had all the space he could wish for but due to having a disabled son we had to move to a converted bungalow and now we only have a small garden and very little space.

We feel this is not far on him as he needs to run and be happy so we are looking for a new home for him, somewhere he can run about and have fun and also get the love he deserves as now we seem to have less time for him.

It will be sad to see him go but its the right thing to do for him and im sure there is someone right who can give him better than us right now.

if you think your the person then feel free to contact us via pm or email and we will get back to you

all the best

Tony

And a few pics of the dopey fellow although he dont stay still for long

Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 04:36 PM
He sounds a great boy but unfortunately we are not able to help but I am sure someone will snap him up quick.
Any pics of him?

Good luck x
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Been looking to get a third dog and just rescued a BC otherwise I would have been very interested. I have a half Slovak myself and would love a full pedigree but alas, there is no more room at the inn for a 4th large dog!

I'm sure somebody will snap up such a rare and beautiful dog.
Tonyc
New Member!
Male 

17-08-2008, 08:54 PM
If he did not need a large garden we would never part with him but although he gets walks he is so full of energy all the time, not fair on him to be cooped up all the time

Hopefully we will find him a good home as his start in life was not very good and we want the best for him

Tony
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I know maltreatment of any dog is wrong but I find it even more difficult to believe that somebody would take the trouble to source and buy a rare dog that is still undergoing development and then give it a poor home.

I'm still living with the notion that people who mistreat dogs are the people who get them down the local pub from a man selling them for a tenner! Not the kind who spend hundreds of pounds on a pedigree!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Just seen your other post, would Stormdancer not take him back?
Tonyc
New Member!
Male 

17-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I have emailed stormdancer and another local breeder but not heard of anything back as of yet

tony
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 11:18 PM
I've absolutely fallen for him.. unfortunately, I'm back living at home, but he'd make such a wonderful addition if my Dad didn't have arbitrary limits on numbers of dogs in household. I'll keep my eyes and ears open though, but I'm sure he'll be snapped up. Just wondered, what's his pointing like? He's just gorgeous.

I really feel for you.. must be such a hard decision to make.
Tonyc
New Member!
Male 

18-08-2008, 03:11 PM
He does point when he finds something that interests him but it could be worked on although its funny when he does because he shakes like mad and dribbles

tony