View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 10:59 PM
My dogs are off leash quite frequently, especially my older dog. At least, she's allowed off leash where it's LEGAL. We vacation in a place that allows dogs off leash freedom and so she spends the whole time off leash.

No shock necessary!

And ALL shock collars are bad. Period. I do not shock my dogs. I do not hurt them. I have no interest in that. There's no NEED for it. Why are you comfortable hurting your dogs?
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
I do not use shock collars, I use a beeper to locate my dogs, and a stealth silent vibrator to recall them as said without any sound. Now I do not call my dogs off of game, their job in life and what they enjoy most is chasing whitetail or geese and rabbits, so why stop them from their passion. I do not think that staffies are dangerous, I know this http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/a...2_1441470a.jpg

CIAO
STOP LYING. You have spoken here multiple times of using shocks. So STOP IT. You cannot say in one sentence " If my dogs chose to play with or harass a bear cub, they would get shocked back to me if they did not return on command" and then say you do not use shock.

And you know...what? A picture? That makes no sense.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
My dogs are off leash quite frequently, especially my older dog. At least, she's allowed off leash where it's LEGAL. We vacation in a place that allows dogs off leash freedom and so she spends the whole time off leash.

No shock necessary!

And ALL shock collars are bad. Period. I do not shock my dogs. I do not hurt them. I have no interest in that. There's no NEED for it. Why are you comfortable hurting your dogs?
You have your opinion which is fine, but my dogs are rarely leashed. Again silly I do not use the shock feature on my collars, I do not have to, but unlike you I can recall my dogs from any distance that they travel, and my female travels 20 to 50 miles a day if I stay out with her long enough. When I beep her (no shock) she checks back in with me, no need to return, she just gets a new fix on where I have moved too.

The real question is why does my dogs freedom bother people? Do Dads bring their little babies up to your pitbull like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...7665522956944/ Say what you will, we all know the answer.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 11:09 PM
No collar can work 20-50 miles away from you.

You have said before you use shock.

STOP LYING.

And I can recall my dog off of all sorts of things. I've recalled her off chasing a deer, small mammals, dogs. She stops on a dime and she comes back on a dime. I have complete control of her when off leash. Why? Because she TRUSTS me and loves me. And not once have I had to shock her.

P.S. In case you haven't noticed my picture my dog is a Border Collie. I'm not sure where the pit bull thing comes from. I have two dogs...a BC and a BC/Retriever mix.

P.P.S. I would never EVER let a child or my dogs near a shocked dog. They are not trustworthy.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2016, 11:16 PM
STOP LYING. You have spoken here multiple times of using shocks. So STOP IT. You cannot say in one sentence " If my dogs chose to play with or harass a bear cub, they would get shocked back to me if they did not return on command" and then say you do not use shock.

And you know...what? A picture? That makes no sense.
If my dogs chose to play with a bear cub, and did not return, yes I would keep them safe, and protect the bears as well. Would You would let your bull terrier kill the little cub? Please respect wildlife, I do.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2016, 11:21 PM
No collar can work 20-50 miles away from you.

You have said before you use shock.

STOP LYING.

And I can recall my dog off of all sorts of things. I've recalled her off chasing a deer, small mammals, dogs. She stops on a dime and she comes back on a dime. I have complete control of her when off leash. Why? Because she TRUSTS me and loves me. And not once have I had to shock her.

P.S. In case you haven't noticed my picture my dog is a Border Collie. I'm not sure where the pit bull thing comes from. I have two dogs...a BC and a BC/Retriever mix.

P.P.S. I would never EVER let a child or my dogs near a shocked dog. They are not trustworthy.
Let me explain because you do not have a German Shorthair. All I need to do is hike say 3 to 5 miles, leisurely thru a large park or game reserve. My female is unleashed and she runs constantly, 20 to 50 miles is not uncommon for these dogs to run during an outing. No need to lie, really.

In fact a good dog can easily run over a hundred miles in an outing...

http://www.runnersworld.com/trail-ru...-distance-dogs
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Let me explain because you do not have a German Shorthair. All I need to do is hike say 3 to 5 miles, leisurely thru a large park or game reserve. My female is unleashed and she runs constantly, 20 to 50 miles is not uncommon for these dogs to run during an outing. No need to lie, really.

In fact a good dog can easily run over a hundred miles in an outing...

http://www.runnersworld.com/trail-ru...-distance-dogs
No I don't have a German Shorthair. I have a BORDER COLLIE. Seems you don't know about them at all.

But anyway -- you said your dog was 20-50 miles away and you could recall them using your shock collar. But those collars do not have that kind of range. So you lie. Stop back tracking and changing what you say.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 02:25 AM
No I don't have a German Shorthair. I have a BORDER COLLIE. Seems you don't know about them at all.

But anyway -- you said your dog was 20-50 miles away and you could recall them using your shock collar. But those collars do not have that kind of range. So you lie. Stop back tracking and changing what you say.
I can recall my dogs from any distance that they travel, which is at most a half mile on average. Can you understand that my dogs never stop running in search of game. Can you understand that inside of a 5 mile square park that one can run thousands of miles. Really, ask a math major, which you never were. So everything I said was quite true, you just can not understand what German Shorthairs do, because you are comparing it to a dog that does not have a GSP's drive.

"""You have your opinion which is fine, but my dogs are rarely leashed. Again silly I do not use the shock feature on my collars, I do not have to, but unlike you I can recall my dogs from any distance that they travel, and my female travels 20 to 50 miles a day if I stay out with her long enough. When I beep her (no shock) she checks back in with me, no need to return, she just gets a new fix on where I have moved too."""

50 miles would likely be out of state. Are you trying to be silly?

Here is some math, if my dog ran in a straight line for two tenths of a mile away from me, then ran in a circle around me, she would have run 12.56 miles, yet never have been further than two tenths of a mile away from me. Do this twice and she would have run just over 25 miles, without leaving my sight in an open field.

German Shorthair owners understand this type of thing.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 10:30 AM
You stated somewhere earlier that you could recall them from 20-50 miles away. Not that they ran 20-50 miles, but that they WERE 20-50 miles away from you.

Anyway...I'm quite aware of how far a dog can run while in an area. Thanks for your weird little math lesson. But that's NOT what you stated. And still, you lie constantly about using shock. Maybe it's time to run back onto your board for German Shorthairs since clearly the rest of us are just too dumb for your time.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2016, 05:11 PM
I can recall my dogs from any distance that they travel, which is at most a half mile on average. Can you understand that my dogs never stop running in search of game. Can you understand that inside of a 5 mile square park that one can run thousands of miles. Really, ask a math major, which you never were. So everything I said was quite true, you just can not understand what German Shorthairs do, because you are comparing it to a dog that does not have a GSP's drive.

"""You have your opinion which is fine, but my dogs are rarely leashed. Again silly I do not use the shock feature on my collars, I do not have to, but unlike you I can recall my dogs from any distance that they travel, and my female travels 20 to 50 miles a day if I stay out with her long enough. When I beep her (no shock) she checks back in with me, no need to return, she just gets a new fix on where I have moved too."""

50 miles would likely be out of state. Are you trying to be silly?

Here is some math, if my dog ran in a straight line for two tenths of a mile away from me, then ran in a circle around me, she would have run 12.56 miles, yet never have been further than two tenths of a mile away from me. Do this twice and she would have run just over 25 miles, without leaving my sight in an open field.

German Shorthair owners understand this type of thing.
ffs do you really believe that only GSP's do this? Fwiw most dogs do, I think you need to get acquainted with a few more breeds of dogs. Your ignorance on every subject is astounding.
Closed Thread
Page 92 of 98 « First < 42 82 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 > Last »