View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 06:40 AM

Good Morning Daily Dogsey Thread (Thursday)

Good Morning everyone, just hope it wont be quite so hot today. It really hit the heights yesterday. We have had the patio door open all night! Must get Amber out for her walk, think she is ready for it.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2015, 06:49 AM
Morning Moyra do not think it is meant to be as hot today but it is going to be another hot day I believe.
I have just got back with Dillon Monday we didn't walk due to temperature and having a bandage on most of his right leg. Tuesday and Wednesday it was too hot even early.
Today a nice breeze so I went out just before 7 with him but he struggled he has laid down on and off most of the way and we stopped for a drink from the tap at the cemetery.
Already have the fans on in the living room.

Just tidying today and if its as hot as the last few days not much else. Did anyone experience the storms ? I knew June did.

At last Mandy a diagnosis for Lauryn.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow.

Good that you have a diagnosis for Lauryn and hope she now gets the treatment needed.

Phew its hot again. No sun but it is very warm.Any rain that was forecast seems to have missed us! Teazle walked and now having a nice cold drink. Nothing planned for today except to make some bread rolls as demanded by his lordship

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Morning all. Hot and muggy again today, no sun, it was like this all day yesterday

Just to give you all a laugh, today is dustbin day and I went to the paper shop just as the lorry arrived.
One lad in his hi-viz jacket stopped the traffic, another in hi-viz helped me across the road and another stood on the pavement warning everyone about road rage from me with my walker
I'm sure my high colour had nothing to do with the heat. Ahhh it's good to have a laugh!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Still warm, but a heck of a lot cooler than yesterday. Left the tower fan on for the girls last night and had the ceiling fan on in my bedroom, so we're all nice and comfy. Sun keeps trying to come out but not quite making it.
Hope you're OK Brenda, saw your post from last night. Mine seems to have calmed down recently and just the rushing noise at the moment, sometimes it sounds like there's heavy machinery at work outside in the road
Friend may be coming over to collect some bones from me today, they have a balcony and doors to it from their bedroom and were sat watching the storm last night, they are facing the moors and you can see for miles. Waiting to hear from her now. She's working alternate full days this week, still in a local office, they want her to start back working in the main office next week, the drive is horrendous, and I'm worried her knee won't cope with it.
Oh LOL Nippy, maybe word has got round!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Typical man Sue hope it isn't too hot for making bread rolls.
At least he is eating now which must be a relief.
How nice Nippy Jen. I remember when my hand was bad and bandaged from the burn to walk Dillon I had to go up the left hand side of the village and cross and come down the other side so he was always walked on my good hand. They were doing the pavements on the left hand side and every morning they would see us round the lorries making sure the road was safe to walk on. Nice chivalry isn't dead.
Left a fan on here all night for Dillon June.

Been making a sort of tent in the conservatory to try to at least shield the some of the sun beating down through the perspex roof. Also put a curtain pole across the struts outside with a curtain on it to stop the sun beating in the big window. Dillon is in the downstairs loo the tiles are nice and cold with a wet cold towel draped over him again.

Stay cool everybody. All housework done here so I shall be in front of the fan with my feet up.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Morning all
woke early and lay awake a bit and fell back asleep, mum was at the drs and she rung me at 10, she seems annoyed i wasn't up.... not got to be anywhere until 1pm so not sure what her problem is there
Brenda, i do hope you are feeling a bit better today, i would call your GP and really stamp your feet, if you get nowhere there then call the ENT department direct and explain what is happening how you feel etc, see if they can help, if no good i know it can be costly but get a private referral if you could afford to go and just have the 1 appointment private...no tests, that way you pay consultation fee only and flip to NHS that way you get the consultant of your choice and will be seen within 2 weeks usually.
TW, we didn't get any storm, well not that i am aware of Lol
Lynn, my pair didn't go out for a walk on tuesday as we decided it was just too hot and not worth the hassle, they did go last night and it was still warm but i wasn't worried about them burning their paws on the path
Lol Nippy, that is hilarious, nice that they helped you but also nice that they felt able to have a laugh with you too
Morning Moyra, hope Aber has enjoyed her walk
Sue....making rolls in this weather!!!!!!!!! you lady are a star
Haircut for me today, need to make myself look tidy for the hospital next week... you never know who you may run into Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Bit cooler here. Not saying anything about my head. You all know what it is like and I am told that if you have to keep talking about it it stops it from getting less. Hope you know what I mean. I am waiting to see if my phone call to the ent people will make them pull their finger out. Also waiting for a referal to hearing centre. So meanwhile I read and listen to the radio and go for walks when it is cooler in the mornings and evenings. Tyto doesn't mind. Have a good day everyone. Thanks for thinking of me. It is a lonely world when you have no one to talk to, just the dog in the middle of the night. lol!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2015, 10:53 AM
Sun gone here too, not much cooler though.
Hope the appointments come through quick brenda.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Bit cooler here. Not saying anything about my head. You all know what it is like and I am told that if you have to keep talking about it it stops it from getting less. Hope you know what I mean. I am waiting to see if my phone call to the ent people will make them pull their finger out. Also waiting for a referal to hearing centre. So meanwhile I read and listen to the radio and go for walks when it is cooler in the mornings and evenings. Tyto doesn't mind. Have a good day everyone. Thanks for thinking of me. It is a lonely world when you have no one to talk to, just the dog in the middle of the night. lol!!
Hope you are better..white noise on tapes helps some people. Had a rotten night here with pain and in fact was cleaning the kitchen at 1 am to take my mind off it. Abandoned any idea of a day out a I was too tired etc o nipped into Kenmare for banking and to post a parcel to someone not too far away.! Stopped off at the shore on the way home and had a little wander on the deserted little beach so am home now and dogs and cats happy.. Had a good look at the garden and the broad beans are looking good as it the kale. Lynn; I have just the ditch for you know who. We do good ditches over here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >