Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 04:29 PM

Weather update: I don't believe it?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...g-mini-5933890
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Yeah but they keep forecasting summers with high temperatures and they never happen,think we were supposed to have one this year actually.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 04:36 PM
I never think of summer until they break up from school. The weather people will always think of something to get us worrying. What would we do if we didn't have it to talk about?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2015, 05:15 PM
The moral of the story is ....
....don't believe that which you read in the papers, they are full of rubbish

The last weather warning I read on a forum was last winter and a predicted 3 months of bitterly cold weather which failed to materialise.

The papers 'predict' these things then when they don't come true quietly forget about them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Well this cottage will remember the last big freeze as it was built in the 1700's as for me I am not quite old enough to remember.
I tend to take each day as it comes given up believing what the forecasters tell us.

Few years ago when we had a cruiser moored at Waltham Abbey it was a bank holiday weekend we were warned of dreadful rain. We nearly never went to the boat but decided to go check on it on the Saturday weather started out lovely and continued we took no bedding with us but took it up to Sawbridgeworth moored there went into the village and the charity shop bought second hand bedding rang the boys and said we were staying out till Monday.
Weather was great We sat on the back of the boat reading and drinking all weekend.
Everybody else stayed at home waiting for the rain.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2015, 05:23 PM
I think last August it was forecast to be hitting 100 degrees - it rained!!!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well this cottage will remember the last big freeze as it was built in the 1700's as for me I am not quite old enough to remember.
I tend to take each day as it comes given up believing what the forecasters tell us.

Few years ago when we had a cruiser moored at Waltham Abbey it was a bank holiday weekend we were warned of dreadful rain. We nearly never went to the boat but decided to go check on it on the Saturday weather started out lovely and continued we took no bedding with us but took it up to Sawbridgeworth moored there went into the village and the charity shop bought second hand bedding rang the boys and said we were staying out till Monday.
Weather was great We sat on the back of the boat reading and drinking all weekend.
Everybody else stayed at home waiting for the rain.
What a lovely story Lynn.. I check the weather here online but only really care when I am due at market and even then they can get it badly wrong. Will almost always turn out thus. We have blight warnings here now; so muggy etc
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2015, 06:01 PM
We had some lovely times on our cruisers Rose. We were always relaxed, our boys were young when we got our first one and we had many happy holidays on the rivers. When they were older they use to borrow the cruiser for breaks away on the local rivers when we weren't using it.
Nothing more relaxing than pootling along at 4 miles an hour watching the ducks, geese and swans and other wild life.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2015, 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We had some lovely times on our cruisers Rose. We were always relaxed, our boys were young when we got our first one and we had many happy holidays on the rivers. When they were older they use to borrow the cruiser for breaks away on the local rivers when we weren't using it.
Nothing more relaxing than pootling along at 4 miles an hour watching the ducks, geese and swans and other wild life.
Sounds lovely. I became a landlubber after ten years on a small island with bad weather..Still cannot face a boat... Sit on the shore feeding ducks at Ross Castle .....MUST tackle the aversion.. but not yet!