View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Our mothers day is different Lynn... I didn't know fathers day was even the same... oops! VERY hot and with 60% humidity... quite unbearable. My big Gray would overheat in the weather so he's not been able to get much exercise... not so good for his weight issues. It is 76 degrees and very humid and sticky feeling before the sun even comes up! Yes Brenda... I'm from Atlanta Georgia and BOY has it been very hot.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Sue, I hope Barry isn't taking a backward step. Wish him better.

I have Amber down with Kennel Cough. She has been meeting a lot more new dogs lately and I know some people do not vaccinate against such things. Amber is due her boosters at the beginning of July and unless she gets over this quickly could mean a slight delay in her boosters and KC vaccine. I hope not. The vet said there is nothing apart from perhaps a childs dose of Benilyn that I can give her and it could last up to 3 weeks. It hasn't affected her eating or wanting to play ball so although it is unnerving to hear her when she coughs there is not a lot we can do. I wouldn't let her go anywhere near other dogs this morning and it makes me wonder if I should try walking her elsewhere.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Do you vaccinate against KC? Or was she able to get it despite the vaccinations? Hopefully she's okay. KC is annoying but not serious usually so fingers crossed she's over it soon. Good job on not walking her near others... some people are not so considerate.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2015, 09:49 AM
I was surprised but it would seem the vaccine only lasts about a year as the year is not up until the mid july. It is still worth doing it though for peace of mind. Some say it is not necessary to do the boosters every year but every 2nd year. I still prefer to keep to the annual routine. I worm her every three months and flea control every month without fail. I feel I owe it to her.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Lynn, I do hope you manage to get this fraud situation sorted. It must be so upsetting.

Griff hope you are feeling better now. Take care all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2015, 10:00 AM
I have never vaccinated against kennel cough and the only one we thought had it was Dillon when young. Possibly caught from the pool or water treadmill when undergoing his hydrotherapy.
I read up about natural remedies and gave him licorice root can buy it from Holland and Barratt boiled it let the liquid cool discarded the root then added vit c must be ester c for dogs and honey slightly warmed. Walked him but away from other dogs and he was right as rain in a week.
None of my dogs are or were kennelled when you kennel most want the vaccine done and this year Dillon hasn't had his boosters he had a 3 year one when a puppy and I am going to start nosodes in the next few weeks. A natural way of vaccinating.

I hope Amber recovers soon Moyra.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Morning all.
I've just been for a lovely run on Tango, it is such a fabulous day. I will put some pics up later.
Had another fall yesterday so I'm feeling very stiff, sore and sorry for myself today.
See you all later xx
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Good morning everyone. My Dad had a nice Fathers day, gave him a gift and cooked him lunch. Quite late Saturday night he phoned me - he'd been out for dinner with a friend to a new Japenese restaurant. He said he had a load of water blisters and did I have any anti allergy stuff. I said I'm coming round straight away, I thought it sounded like shingles. I got there and no didn't look like shingles. After looking on internet it looked like Hives. His symptoms pointed towards hives but I've never seen anything quite like it, all over his arms and torso. Red raised patches like he'd been attacked by 1,000 mossies. Anyway he did not feel ill, his mouth was clear and no temperature. He said they were very itchy to start but that was going off. I phoned NHS direct and they said it was prob hives. Dad said he was going to bed, he felt fine and sent me home. On Sunday his skin was clear as a bell. He WONT be going back to that restaurant. Very strange though, he's never had any allergic reaction before and is used to Chinese food. Gave me quite a fright though.

Have a good day all.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Good morning hope everyone is feeling well and if not get better soon.

Nippy sorry to hear about your fall and sorry for appearing to copy your morning walk post

The sun is out now so feel I should take Sammy out again only I'm knackered Live in a very hilly town it either keeps you fit or kills you hahaha
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Glad that cleared up quick Popster.
Sorry about the fall Nippy Jen glad you have enjoyed a run out on tango.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >