View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 03:04 PM
There is a world of difference between the 'grass roots' RSPCA (inspectors/workers/branches) and the very political side of the RSPCA!
Sadly the branches rarely benefit from fundraising campaigns run by the bigwigs...so any monies accompanying the promise to 'find snuggles a home', is unlikely to be seen by the people that have the dubious pleasure of trying to to keep the promise!

I advise people who would like to support the work of the RSPCA, to give directly to their local branch, rather than by covenant via Head Office.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I agree with that thandi!

But I still think it's like anything. I spent a lot of time in Great Ormond Street Hospital during my teenage years and decided I wanted to fundraise - the wards where I spent most of my time were old, undecorated with naff equipment and really, very basic.

When I enquired about fundraising, I was told I couldn't fundraise for those wards - it would go to the main hospital who would decide what to do with it (which inevitably meant it going into making the new, modern and attractive wards even better while the old naff ones remained old and naff).
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2