Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Foxy that is what I said 'it was not personal' my comments at least were general and uttered just to point out that although one person may not have reason to complain there may well be at least 10 who do, also the fact that, of course, the place is kept clean and tidy in view of the public they would not make the thousands out of the public it they did not. Speaking for myself I was just trying to get people to look and think beneath the surface

Yes it wasn't your post that offended me Thordell I would never advise any one going there but what I was trying to say was that some people were putting how awful it looked and that was the point it didn't look awful and thats why they get so many visitors - they even have celebrities on the walls advertising that they got their dogs from there. They had a big picture of Liz (Beverley Callard) with two samoyeds saying how pleased she was with the dogs she got from there. They also have loads of letters and pictures from people that are very pleased with their dogs (and I'm not saying this is a good thing at all but just trying to tell you how people get taken in) There was a famous footballer - think it was Lee Sharp and he was saying what a wonderful puppy he bought from there - this is one of the main problems I would say.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Exactly the point I was trying to make Foxy they are in the business of selling merchandise and if their merchandise were shoes or pots no problem but they are not they are live pups. Ask yourself are they going to put a photo of my friend in tears when she finds out that her dog is going to die, and soon, or copies of the solicitors letters when they agreed they sold faulty goods and would refund the purchase price, pictures of the police stopping vans full of under age pups…………
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Exactly the point I was trying to make Foxy they are in the business of selling merchandise and if their merchandise were shoes or pots no problem but they are not they are live pups. Ask yourself are they going to put a photo of my friend in tears when she finds out that her dog is going to die, and soon, or copies of the solicitors letters when they agreed they sold faulty goods and would refund the purchase price, pictures of the police stopping vans full of under age pups…………

Well no of course they won't what place does advertise unhappy customers but what I was trying to say was that these celebrities certainly aren't helping matters by having their faces plastered over the walls because some people would think that the place would be brilliant if the celebrity out of Corrie says so or some bigshot footballer - I blame the celebrities themselves for this but then again they probably don't realise where their dogs came from just as I didn't realise where ours came from.
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Well no of course they won't what place does advertise unhappy customers but what I was trying to say was that these celebrities certainly aren't helping matters by having their faces plastered over the walls because some people would think that the place would be brilliant if the celebrity out of Corrie says so or some bigshot footballer - I blame the celebrities themselves for this but then again they probably don't realise where their dogs came from just as I didn't realise where ours came from.
i have been reading this thread since it started i was not going to post but foxys last post reminded me of ads that show celebrities that say thay have never got something from somewhere the people just put there name to it to make it look like thay have to make the place better than its is to bring people in that dont know the true about what gos on behind closed dos becase im sure foxy would not hae go there if she would have nowas it is she has a lovely dog that can not ask for a better life and is very lucky not to have and a diferent start he could have been studed there what life would that have been locked in a cage 24/7 good on you foxy for giveing him a good life
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by shady73
i have been reading this thread since it started i was not going to post but foxys last post reminded me of ads that show celebrities that say thay have never got something from somewhere the people just put there name to it to make it look like thay have to make the place better than its is to bring people in that dont know the true about what gos on behind closed dos becase im sure foxy would not hae go there if she would have nowas it is she has a lovely dog that can not ask for a better life and is very lucky not to have and a diferent start he could have been studed there what life would that have been locked in a cage 24/7 good on you foxy for giveing him a good life

The problem is Shady that he might have ended up somewhere else if he had got any older from what I have read on this thread But then again like I said before Bichons are one of the kennels best sellers - some of the larger breeds are probably not that lucky unfortunately
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 03:16 PM
foxy you are not going ANYWHERE, you are a valued member of dogweb and we would all miss you too much

at the end of the day benji is a happy and healthy little chap and whats done is done, people should just drop it and if they cant say anything nice, say nothing at all

I came under fire yesterday too so you are not alone hun
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
foxy you are not going ANYWHERE, you are a valued member of dogweb and we would all miss you too much

at the end of the day benji is a happy and healthy little chap and whats done is done, people should just drop it and if they cant say anything nice, say nothing at all

I came under fire yesterday too so you are not alone hun

Thanks Kimberley

I wish I had never admitted to my 'mistake' now - didn't think I would be hung, drawn and quartered for it - well not on this forum anyway
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I came under fire yesterday too so you are not alone hun [/QUOTE]
i have had some harsh posts as well but i have made some good frends on here that make me feel better iv thought about leaveing then i made one good mate
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Well obviously his mum wasn't there but he was 10 weeks old when we got him and had only just gone into the kennels two days before we got him - some dogs leave their mums at 7 weeks so I don't think 10 weeks was too bad..

Posted by me

You sound as if you are to some extent defending puppy dealers because you have been very very lucky................
From your full post to someone who hadn't read your other posts(re not going to such a place again) it does sound as if you were saying it wasn't that bad. I only posted what I did as your post was pointed out to me by a friend whose internet connection I've just sorted out. What I was trying to point out as you have to be very careful what you actually put about dogs bought from dealers/puppy farmers & bred by puppy farmers. To keep saying my dog is from one of these places & is fit & well contradicts the advice of don't touch these dogs with a bargeplole. My friend actually thought your post was pro puppy dealers as she had not as I wrote read other posts from you

For every healthy puppy from a dealer/puppy farmer there are 10 that aren't. My vets are trying(& sadly failing)to get puppies from the local puppy dealers closed down as 80% of the puppies they see are already ill by the time they are taken for their jabs. So perhaps tempering your comments re the health etc of your own dog with a rider about he's the exception rather than the normal.

I've just rung the local dealer re an advert for cavaliers They are according to the dealer allgenetically clear of inherited MVD & eye & patella problems & are also from genetically SHM free lines ! All a total load of lies as there are no DNA tests for Cavaliers.

I was not a personal attack just a heads up re the wording of your post & the probable misinformation you were given by the dealer you bought your puppy from
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 06:01 PM
hi joedeeuk,,

just have to ask one question,, we are all dog lovers right?? and im not saying we should buy from puppy farmers as what they do is dispicable, but think of it this way

if someone didnt buy these puppies,, what on earth would end up happening to them?? it doesnt even bear thinking about, we are all for the welfare of dogs, and like i said im not condoning puppy farmers in any way, but if someone didnt buy the puppies they would get to their "sell by date" and either be another puppy breeding machine or god forbid PTS

just another way of looking at things,, maybe in future when people post they could remeber that some of us are sensitive and dont like to feel like we have come under fire for a mistake we have made and have learned from, this after all is the friendly forum and we would like to keep it that way
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >